Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tri-Fold Sofa Slopes Towards Rear of Trailer

Hello
    I purchased a preowned 2019 Imagine 2500RL with the Tri-fold sofa from a Grand Design dealer. My issue is that when the sofa is opened to the sleeping configuration it slopes down a couple inches toward the back of the trailer making it uncomfortable to sleep on. Is this normal to have this slope and if so, has anyone modified theirs to remove this slope? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Originally posted by tsfreeman View Post
    Hello
    I purchased a preowned 2019 Imagine 2500RL with the Tri-fold sofa from a Grand Design dealer. My issue is that when the sofa is opened to the sleeping configuration it slopes down a couple inches toward the back of the trailer making it uncomfortable to sleep on. Is this normal to have this slope and if so, has anyone modified theirs to remove this slope? Thanks in advance for your replies.
    It is normal and mine did it too. If I remember right, its because that couch was meant to go in a slide out, so the front is a bit longer to accommodate the different floor height. Some built up the frame of the couch so it was level when folded out, I replaced mine with theatre seats from RecPro.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

This is a situation that has existed since Grand Design started building RVs. It has been brought to their attention many times. Fixing this is not too complicated and has been discussed in several threads on this forum. Here is a place to start. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/interio...a-bed#post9406

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
      X