Farmer's sink in kitchen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farmer's sink in kitchen

I have the very nice 23" x 13" rectangular sink in my 2600RB. The covering is pulling away from the wooden base from water intrusion due to not being sealed very well during installation. Can this sink be removed and mounted from the top of the counter? Has anyone done it? I was able to shrink it by heating it with a hair dryer and running a bead of silicone around the sink once I dried it out as a temporary fix.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20220702_190356690.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	92854 Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20220702_190418603.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	92855
    Mike and (RIP Karen)
    2021 2600RB
    2011 Tundra 5.7 DC

AZMike -- I can't recall this issue being discussed on the forum. From the pictures it does not appear it's possible to mount from the top as the rim is likely not going to look very good. At first I was going to suggest some sort of trim, but that would make wiping the counter into the sink difficult.

I'd consider removing the sink to have full access with the goal to re-seal the top layer to the substrate. A good epoxy glue perhaps and then some clamps strategically placed to hold it in place? (I'm not much of a wood-worker type so all this is conjecture to generate ideas.)

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Mike, I've been thinking about your issue. Unfortunately there is not a good way to re-attach the laminate foil to the substrate. I agree with Howard that the top of the sink is probably not setup for the rim mount (no water retention lip and possibly holes in the lip from attaching the sink). You might try contacting GD to see what they say (they may replace it depending on age), other than that, I might consider having cultured marble (or some other solid material) made for the counter top and doing away with the foil surfacing.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

The description on the parts page states that it is a bottom mount sink. It is attached with clips so there should be no holes in the rim. I does look like it will fit if dropped in from the top. The question is how good does the tip of the rim look after I remove whatever adhesive is on it? I will not know unless I remove it. I guess a call to GD is the next step.

Name:	Sink.JPG
Views:	205
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	92862
        Mike and (RIP Karen)
        2021 2600RB
        2011 Tundra 5.7 DC

Comment

After a quick search, I found the exact drop in version of the Lippert sink at eTrailer. I think I will go this route.

Name:	New Sink.JPG
Views:	190
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	92865
          Mike and (RIP Karen)
          2021 2600RB
          2011 Tundra 5.7 DC

Comment

It reads like the OP has made their decision, but I wanted to trough out there that this may be a good time to consider replacing the laminate countertop with a solid core one.
            John
            2018 Momentum 395M
            2018 Ram 3500 Dually
            Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by JBill9694 View Post
              It reads like the OP has made their decision, but I wanted to trough out there that this may be a good time to consider replacing the laminate countertop with a solid core one.
              I think that just installing a drop in sink will serve me well, at least for the rest of the time that I have this trailer. The rest of the countertop is in great shape, as well as the one in the bathroom. The bathroom has a drop in fingerbowl sink which I will be replacing with a larger one. As long as I seal the underside of the lip well when I install it, I think that will be the end of my problem. As much as I would like to, I really don't want to go through the expense right now of replacing the countertop.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

By the way, JBill9694 "Every day is Saturday" is my favorite saying also. Retirement is nice!
              Mike and (RIP Karen)
              2021 2600RB
              2011 Tundra 5.7 DC

Comment

Working...
              X