Gdrvowners.com Site Hacked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gdrvowners.com Site Hacked

On the website Cybernews.com, you can check for personal data leaks of your email address. Upon doing so, I found that gdrvowners.com was a source for a data leak. See the attached pic. Click image for larger version

Name:	Hack.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	128300
    Jon & Melanie Nichols
    Dover, DE
    2019 Solitude 372WB-R
    2023 GMC

That appears to be from three years ago?
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
    2021 303RLS
    Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
      That appears to be from three years ago?
      I think the date is associated with the LinkedIn scrape.

It shows my data here has been stolen as well. You can check your own at https://cybernews.com/personal-data-leak-check/
      John & Kathy
      2014 Reflection 303RLS
      2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

I won't say that it may be a scam but some of those sites depict "bad" things to get one to click or buy their service.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Of course it's possible for data to be stolen from any site. I'd suggest you change your password for this site and any other sites. I change my passwords on all sites I visit every 90 days.
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I have more free credit monitoring services than I care to think about. With the 'Mother of All Breaches' recently and 26 Billion folks data compromised to date, you are not alone. I've always had multiple email accounts and it makes it somewhat easier to spot emails that have a 'payload' on which one shouldn't click. I've also used Google Activity to remove my PII from sites like Spokeo, whitepages, etc. but that is a dual edge sword. Much of their information is flat out incorrect which in retrospect is absolutely fine with me. The more disinformation that exists on the dark web about me, the better I'm protected. Sounds counter-intuitive, but I personally value the thought of instilling a lack of confidence between the miscreant buyers and sellers of PII. There is no such thing as secure SW or Infrastructure.
            2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar, factory gen, 8K axles with discs, W/D, Heat Pump, Gen 2 Goosebox, Battleborn
            2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin

Comment

Working...
            X