No announcement yet.

Updating Cerbo GX software ????????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating Cerbo GX software ????????????

OK as part of my using the Cerbo Gx to activate it relays using temp sensors I went to the trailer touch 50 screen, and did not see the temp sensors. I was able to see the generator start etc, so I obviously need to update. I also tried VE Connect using bluetooth - there I cant see the cerbo settings either. I also cant get my VRM account to connect, but I suspect that is because I don't have an internet connection, but my Iphone does and it did not work - seemed to lock up trying to add the Cerbo GX to the VRM account.

Now I know how to update the multiplus by plugging into my desktop - have not tried the laptop yet, but that involves disconnecting the cerbo gx before hand. Do I just plug into the eithernet port of the GX to the computer and use victron connect?

Would adding the GX LTE 4G https://www.victronenergy.com/access...av-secondimage solve my problem and allow updating without needing my laptop and my MKS to USB brick.

This is out of my wheelhouse right now, so trying to understand. Things work so I don't want to mess thing up. Maybe this is another reason to come to the National Rally.

Maybe somewhere are instructions to do this - Ill go search some more

Keith

2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Yoda

On your Cerbo, go to SETTINGS

Click image for larger version

Name:	settings.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	104174

Then scroll down to RELAY

Name:	Relay.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	104175

Click on FUNCTION

Name:	Function.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	104176

Select the FUNCTION desired. Note your CERBO may have more options than my older CCGX.

Name:	Select Function.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	104177

Also...to update or view your information via the VRM Portal a stable internet connection (between the Cerbo and the internet) is essential. ncitro will have to chime in on the internet connection possibilities as he's much more knowledgeable about that topic than I am.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
      Yoda

On your Cerbo, go to SETTINGS...
      Well close - on the last screen Temperature does not show up. Does a temp probe need to be attached to the cerbo?
      Last edited by howson; 01-25-2023, 09:07 PM.
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Also in settings I was able to get VRM connected to my house LAN network using the touch 50, but I don't see anything on my home computer using the Victron connect and VRM setting. I have not tried updating with the touch 50 screen or if that can be done from there. I got cold so came inside.

Keith

Comment

Updating the Touch 50 will happen right on the Touch 50, you will need to be connected to wifi or internet on the Touch 50 to do this.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
            Updating the Touch 50 will happen right on the Touch 50, you will need to be connected to wifi or internet on the Touch 50 to do this.

Brian
            Thanks Brian
            If the screen says connected to my house Lan network am I good?. I guess I can play around with it tomorrow - even take the laptop out to see if it will connect up - has a better antenna than my phone and is also connected to my house Lan net.

Keith

Comment

Yoda I would think so yes.

Regarding VRM, I know you're a bit of a technophobe but if you're familiar with tethering you should be able to connect your cerbo to your phones wireless hotspot. Once it's connected you can connect to VRM from your laptop and push the update. That's probably your easiest method. That said I'd be surprised if you needed the update to do what you wanted to do.
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
              2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
              2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Is there a reason that a new thread was started on this subject?

Jim

Comment

Don't know what firmware you are using, but I don't think you need to update the firmware to get the sensors to display.
                  - On the Touch50, got to Settings.
                  - In settings, go to the very bottom and click on I/O
                  - When in I/O, go to analog sensors and activate the sensors. They will then show up on the display.

(I've never actually done this, but watched a bunch of videos recently when thinking about how to get tank sensors to show up on the Touch 50)
                  Last edited by Jimmer; 01-25-2023, 09:43 PM.
                  Home Base: Fairfax, Virginia
                  2021 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS Travel Trailer
                  2002 Ford F350 7.3 Diesel 4X4 SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
                    Well close - on the last screen Temperature does not show up. Does a temp probe need to be attached to the cerbo?
                    Hmmm...I don't know. I don't have one attached to the CCGX so not sure why that option is not available to you.

Country Campers -- do you have a Cerbo? Jimmer ? What options do you guys see?

Yoda -- for the connection via VRM, ensure under SETTINGS > VRM online portal > that Logging enabled is on.

Name:	enabled.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	104203

Also make sure that SETTINGS > REMOTE CONSOLE > Enable on VRM is on.

Name:	Remote Console.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	104204

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I'm not really sure what I'm talking about here, and not sure exactly the type of sensor your connecting. Maybe what I wrote only pertains to sensors wired to the Cerbo GX. If you are using wireless sensors, there are a lot of YouTube videos on how to configure the Cerbo GX to see them. But, as I wrote above:

1) Go to Settings.
                      2) In Settings, scroll to the bottom and select I/O

Name:	IMG_8331.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	104210

Under the I/O screen, select Analog Inputs

Name:	IMG_8330.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	104211

Under the Analog Inputs, select what sensor your temp sensor is connected to:

Name:	IMG_8329.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	104212

I tried this, and the temp display did not show up, but maybe that's because I don't actually have a temperature sensor connected to the Cerbo.

If I'm way off as to what you are trying to do, sorry but this thread doesn't explain what type of sensor you are connecting.

Home Base: Fairfax, Virginia
                      2021 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS Travel Trailer
                      2002 Ford F350 7.3 Diesel 4X4 SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
                        OK as part of my using the Cerbo Gx to activate it relays using temp sensors I went to the trailer touch 50 screen, and did not see the temp sensors. I was able to see the generator start etc, so I obviously need to update. I also tried VE Connect using bluetooth - there I cant see the cerbo settings either. I also cant get my VRM account to connect, but I suspect that is because I don't have an internet connection, but my Iphone does and it did not work - seemed to lock up trying to add the Cerbo GX to the VRM account.

Now I know how to update the multiplus by plugging into my desktop - have not tried the laptop yet, but that involves disconnecting the cerbo gx before hand. Do I just plug into the eithernet port of the GX to the computer and use victron connect?

Would adding the GX LTE 4G https://www.victronenergy.com/access...av-secondimage solve my problem and allow updating without needing my laptop and my MKS to USB brick.

This is out of my wheelhouse right now, so trying to understand. Things work so I don't want to mess thing up. Maybe this is another reason to come to the National Rally.

Maybe somewhere are instructions to do this - Ill go search some more

Keith

I just posted a tutorial here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...make-one/page3

I hope it is correct ........

Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmer View Post
                          Don't know what firmware you are using, but I don't think you need to update the firmware to get the sensors to display.
                          - On the Touch50, got to Settings.
                          - In settings, go to the very bottom and click on I/O
                          - When in I/O, go to analog sensors and activate the sensors. They will then show up on the display.

(I've never actually done this, but watched a bunch of videos recently when thinking about how to get tank sensors to show up on the Touch 50)
                          Thanks Howard Ill print this out. The screen shot says to manual reboot after changing. I think I saw a tab to do that, or will cutting the power and then power up do the same?

Keith

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmer View Post
                            I'm not really sure what I'm talking about here, and not sure exactly the type of sensor your connecting. Maybe what I wrote only pertains to sensors wired to the Cerbo GX. If you are using wireless sensors, there are a lot of YouTube videos on how to configure the Cerbo GX to see them. But, as I wrote above:

1) Go to Settings.
                            2) In Settings, scroll to the bottom and select I/O

Name:	IMG_8331.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	104210

Under the I/O screen, select Analog Inputs

Name:	IMG_8330.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	104211

Under the Analog Inputs, select what sensor your temp sensor is connected to:

Name:	IMG_8329.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	104212

I tried this, and the temp display did not show up, but maybe that's because I don't actually have a temperature sensor connected to the Cerbo.

If I'm way off as to what you are trying to do, sorry but this thread doesn't explain what type of sensor you are connecting.
                            Jimmer
                            I am wanting to use the sensors compatible with the GX https://www.victronenergy.com/access...a-pmp-venus-gx to operate the GX programmable relays to activate future heating pads to keep my future Lithium battery pack warm during cold weather. The relay would turn the heating pads on or off as needed. Hoping to save cost on buying batterys with the built in heating pads.

Thanks for the screen shots - they will be very helpful.

Keith

Comment

Everyone Thanks for the detailed help. I will try and document everything I do, including pictures of my screens as I go. As always you folks are fantastic.

Keith

Comment

Working...
                              X