Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Solitude 280RK (Adding washer & dryer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Solitude 280RK (Adding washer & dryer)

Hi All! I’m new to the GD Forum. I have a tech question and I wanted to know if anyone has added a dryer to this model. Inside the side by side cabinet provided in this unit for the machines there’s no sticker on the side wall for drilling the dryer vent through to the exterior. I asked the customer support people for help on this but they had little info for it. The washer prep is easy and ready to connect but the dryer vent is an issue. If anyone has experience with this please let me know. Thanks!! Mick A.
    MICK A.

Originally posted by mickallenson View Post
    Hi All! I’m new to the GD Forum. I have a tech question and I wanted to know if anyone has added a dryer to this model. Inside the side by side cabinet provided in this unit for the machines there’s no sticker on the side wall for drilling the dryer vent through to the exterior. I asked the customer support people for help on this but they had little info for it. The washer prep is easy and ready to connect but the dryer vent is an issue. If anyone has experience with this please let me know. Thanks!! Mick A.
    Where is the W/D prep? I've scanned through a few walkthrough videos and don't see it.

From the drawings I can access it looks like the cabinets in the living area (under the hutch) are "prepped" for the dryer (wall side) and washer (interior side cabinet)? Can you take some pics and upload?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Yes, the prep is the two cabinets beneath the hutch. The sewer, water and electric are there for both units but before I proceed I need to know where GD left an area for the dryer vent to exit the trailer. The side wall is the most logical place but it’s close to the 50amp incoming elect service. I guess I’ll have to call GD again and probe more. Thanks
      MICK A.

Comment

Originally posted by mickallenson View Post
        Yes, the prep is the two cabinets beneath the hutch. The sewer, water and electric are there for both units but before I proceed I need to know where GD left an area for the dryer vent to exit the trailer. The side wall is the most logical place but it’s close to the 50amp incoming elect service. I guess I’ll have to call GD again and probe more. Thanks
        Looking at the non-doorside wall construction of your rig, it doesn't appear like there's any obstructions between where the dryer is and the outside. All that *should* be between is luan, foam, another layer of luan and fiberglass. TucsonJim just had a lengthy discussion on how to cut out a hole in a wall in this thread: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterio...at-type-of-bit In post 19 of that thread I show how I cut out the hole for a dryer vent in my 315RLTS.

Verifying with Grand Design Customer Service is an excellent idea.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks! All good suggestions. I’ll make one more call to GD and try to zero in on possible components within the wall.
          MICK A.

Comment

Did you find out what is the w/d prep? In my Reflection travel trailer the area is in the bedroom. I have a closet area with drawers below it. In my brief look before storing it right after buying it (bought in November) I don't recall anything. Do the drawers come out?

My main concern is how is this winterized and how do I de-winterize this? My wife wanted to take a trip next month, but I talked her out of it.
            Raymond and Dee Dee
            2024 Reflection 296 RDTS
            2023 Chevrolet 2500HD

Comment

Working...
            X