Norcold fridge not getting cold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norcold fridge not getting cold

So my Norcold 2118 fridge is not very getting very cold. I noticed this wire appeared to be out of the connector in the lower fridge section. Can any one look at their 310gk and see if that wire should just go in the wire connector

much appreciated

much Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0186.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	115481
    Paul, Judy and Embr
    2021 310 gk
    2019 Ram Mega cab dually diesel

It took me a while to spot the loose wire. I'm attaching a photo with it highlighted for other folks who might be able to help. My suspicion is that it came out of that Wago connector. You might look at the back side of the connector to see if one of the clamping arms has popped out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Norcold Wire.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	115493

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I'm going out on a limb here as it's hard to tell, but it appears there are 2 orange / white wires coming down together. These meet up at what looks like 1 Wago connector but it almost appears there is a second as the one visible houses the orange wire not the white.

Hopefully there is a second Wago behind the first that is not visible that houses the white ones. This is where I would suspect the white wire goes.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Update. Took apart the upper vent and removed two pieces of aluminum. Found a fan not working and now need to diagnose if fan is broken or is a power issue. To get by I put a hairdryer on cold setting and aimed up from bottom vent. By morning fridge was at 29 degrees and now appears to be sustaining a colder temp. Wire appeared to have no impact
        Paul, Judy and Embr
        2021 310 gk

Comment

Another update here. I reviewed the installation instructions for the Norcold from the Norcold website and discovered that the way Grand design had installed the venting at the top of the refrigerator was completely incorrect so I redesigned it a little bit and followed the instructions on the installation manual. Fridge has worked awesome since then, and is not even running as often as it used to.
          Paul, Judy and Embr
          2021 310 gk

Comment

I had found that the sheetmetal at the top that was supposed to direct air flow to the outside vent was actually blocking the air flow.. I pulled the refrigerator far enough out to allow me to pry the sheetmatal up to correctly direct the air flow to the vent. It does cool much better when the air flow is correct.
            Ted
            2021 Reflection 310RLS
            2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by TedS View Post
              I had found that the sheetmetal at the top that was supposed to direct air flow to the outside vent was actually blocking the air flow.. I pulled the refrigerator far enough out to allow me to pry the sheetmatal up to correctly direct the air flow to the vent. It does cool much better when the air flow is correct.
              Mine as well, but I was able to do some modifications to the vent from the outside, which allowed me not to have to pull the fridge
              Paul, Judy and Embr
              2021 310 gk

Comment

I added insulation to the top of ours. Lifted the sheet metal up and stuffed the area above the fridge full and even down the sides a little. With out the insulation the top of the fridge became a hot air pocket. Ours worked better after that and until I replaced it with a 12 v dc version.

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
                X