No announcement yet.

Microwave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think typical shelfing construction will work well for you Maltaman, Looks like an exterior slide wall on the left and the refrigerator enclosure wall on the right. Neither of which are likely to have even one stud in that depth, much less two for supporting a shelf.

Maybe you can come up with something using the existing microwave bracket to support the back of the shelf? As for the front of the shelf, if the microwave height permits it, maybe a C-channel secured to the overhead MDF by more than two screws with all-thread or such hanging down at the ends to support the front of the shelf. Wood trim could then be used to cover the C-channel, or just go with the industrial look.

Remember, whatever you do for a shelf, the microwave will need to be secured for travel. Sorry, I use to get paid good money for stating the obvious and it is a hard habit to break.
    John
    2018 Momentum 395M
    2018 Ram 3500 Dually
    Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

I don’t mind putting the microwave down for travel if I can get the shelf sturdy enough to place it there while not moving. Thanks for the input. I will look into the C Channel.

Comment

Maybe slightly off topic, Maltaman, but I wanted to suggest a roof vent cover for the roof vent in your kitchen (if you don't already have one). As this vent will be serving as the exhaust fan it will at some point in time be used in inclement weather and the cover will either prevent the rain sensor from closing the vent, or if there isn't a rain sensor then keep rain from falling through the vent opining.
        John
        2018 Momentum 395M
        2018 Ram 3500 Dually
        Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Already have them John and they’re great, just like you said.

Comment

Working...
          X