TV Wall Plate and Internal coax wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV Wall Plate and Internal coax wiring

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for tv coax cable, etc? I’ve had my 297RSTS for two years and the TV has always been flakey. I installed a TV in the bedroom this year and it gets different channels than the LR TV. The other night, we were watching WE Channel and when my wife opened the drawer below the TV, the TV reception dropped out. It came back when she closed the drawer! I can see a splitter behind the drawer and plan to get in there and test all the connections, but a diagram would help.
    2021 Refection 297RSTS
    2020 Ford F150 Turboboost

Call GD Customer Service with your VIN and they should supply you with a diagram, I am not sure that you will find it very useful but may lead you in a direction. I have not seen anyone here post a "home made" diagram of what they found to be the way their RV was wired. Checking all connections will help with signal strength, even the back of the booster.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I know from firsthand experience that there are coaxial cable connections at the base of the roof mounted antennae, at the universal docking station, and at each TV location with the main cluster being at the plate for the living room TV. Several of these were loose when I went through them several years ago but have stayed tight since.

Over the air reception still seems to be impacted fairly easy by other devices and even where we are in the trailer. I use an app (Antenna Point) to get the antenna going in the right direction, which is helpful but haven't really solved the problem.
      John
      2018 Momentum 395M
      2018 Ram 3500 Dually
      Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike & Charlotte View Post
        Does anyone have a wiring diagram for tv coax cable, etc? I’ve had my 297RSTS for two years and the TV has always been flakey. I installed a TV in the bedroom this year and it gets different channels than the LR TV. The other night, we were watching WE Channel and when my wife opened the drawer below the TV, the TV reception dropped out. It came back when she closed the drawer! I can see a splitter behind the drawer and plan to get in there and test all the connections, but a diagram would help.
        I'm not sure why they are no longer posting (on any forum to my knowledge), but member klenger did an amazing job documenting their 297RSTS. Their coax diagram is below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	251
Size:	286.1 KB
ID:	117868
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks for the diagram. I don’t have a lounge TV, that splitter in my trailer is only a two output, which I believe is the splitter I found behind the drawer. The amplifier in the diagram appears to be what I have.
          So, my problem seems to be the AntennaTek amplifier/splitter. I bypassed it today and the TV signal is working fine. I found another one on Amazon and will order it.
          Last edited by Mike & Charlotte; 08-06-2023, 10:56 PM.
          2021 Refection 297RSTS
          2020 Ford F150 Turboboost

Comment

Originally posted by Mike & Charlotte View Post
            Thanks for the diagram. I don’t have a lounge TV, that splitter in my trailer is only a two output, which I believe is the splitter I found behind the drawer. The amplifier in the diagram appears to be what I have.
            So, my problem seems to be the AntennaTek amplifier/splitter. I bypassed it today and the TV signal is working fine. I found another one on Amazon and will order it.
            Which one did you buy on Amazon?

Comment

Klenger sold his 297 and bought an itty bitty little trailer. The drawing that howson posted was from his model year. They stopped installing the outdoor television sometime in 2018. I know you apparently solved your problem. But want to mention this in case you ever have an issue in the future. In the underbelly near the curb side rear, there are three connections that can loosen over time. Here's a photo from the underbelly of my 297.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cable Connections.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	120440

Jim
              Jim and Ginnie
              2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
              GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
              GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...