Upper Fridge screws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper Fridge screws

While going over the trailer prior to blowing out the lines for the coming freezing temps, I noticed the screws holding the fridge had somehow worked a tad loose....like uh...6mm (1/4" for my American friends..) from making contact with the fridge!
    I was surprised to see how loose the screws were and wondered just how much our fridge was moving around during travel.
    I'm going to blame it on the smoooooth surface of I10...lol
    Attached Files
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
    2021 303RLS
    Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

We just got back from the Central California rally. I-10 (Arizona), I-40 (Arizona and California), and Hwy 99 (California) were some of the worst roads I've ever traveled. Instead of fixing these failed highways, Arizona just puts a sign out that says "Rough Road Ahead".

I'm amazed that our RV's don't fare worse than they do.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
      We just got back from the Central California rally. I-10 (Arizona), I-40 (Arizona and California), and Hwy 99 (California) were some of the worst roads I've ever traveled. Instead of fixing these failed highways, Arizona just puts a sign out that says "Rough Road Ahead".

I'm amazed that our RV's don't fare worse than they do.

Jim
      Ya...more than often than I'd like, after going over a pothole or bad bump, I'd be cringing thinking to myself, "hope the spring hangers handled that ok".

2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
      2021 303RLS
      Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

I have the exact same issue. Screws into particle board don't hold very well. Mine keep falling out, and I don't see a solution without removing the fridge and putting in a reinforcement to receive the screws.
        Home Base: Fairfax, Virginia
        2021 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS Travel Trailer
        2002 Ford F350 7.3 Diesel 4X4 SRW

Comment

Scott'n'Wendy Jimmer Potential solution to help with screw retention would be to remove the screws and then use either wooden match sticks or tooth picks inserted into the hole with glue and then while wet install the screw. The glue will act as a locker but still be removable, the wood from the pick or stick will act as a filler / wedge to help hold the screw into something more "solid".
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
          X