The Ever Light electric fireplace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ever Light electric fireplace

Need some help here. We purchased a 2020 28BH and it’s been wonderful. The electric fireplace has decided to flash the 88 code and now the heater will not come on at all. I have taken it out, unplugged it for 10 minutes hoping for a hard reset but the control panel just beeped and that’s it. Got any ideas at all? Thanks in advance for any help at all, Jason

Originally posted by Tjmoody3 View Post
    Need some help here. We purchased a 2020 28BH and it’s been wonderful. The electric fireplace has decided to flash the 88 code and now the heater will not come on at all. I have taken it out, unplugged it for 10 minutes hoping for a hard reset but the control panel just beeped and that’s it. Got any ideas at all? Thanks in advance for any help at all, Jason
    Where is Maxwell Smart when you need him? Sorry - just kidding.

I am sure an expert will be along in a minuet or two, just want to say welcome to the forum. When you get a moment please read the welcome letter. One thing that might help is the model number off the fireplace.
    Meanwhile I tried a Google search
    https://www.etrailer.com/question-410045.html
    https://www.google.com/search?client...eplace+88+code

Hope this helps
    Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Hi Tjmoody3 - Welcome to the technical forum. The "88" code typically means that the fireplace blower fan is overheating. This most commonly occurs if the vent air intake or the mesh on the front of the fireplace is partially or fully obstructed.

Jim​
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Could also be something jammed in the fan . . . is it turning freely by hand?

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

My fireplace throws this code if I turn it on below 55 degrees or so in the trailer. I can do a hard reset by turning the breaker on and off and it will throw it again.

If I let the furnace heat up the trailer first, I can then turn on the fireplace and it will run properly after that. You just never know what is going on.
          2019 Ford F250 Lariat Diesel
          2019 Reflection 315RLTS

Comment

Working...
          X