2022 295RL Living Room Outlets not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 295RL Living Room Outlets not working

Used the trailer a couple of months ago and all was well. Took the trailer on a trip to northern CO with the expectation that we would be wintering in the Denver area. I know, I know...if I'm doing the SnowBird thing, I'm doing it wrong The problem is that I'm not an electrician. All living room outlets are dead. I can only find one GFI on the underside of the kitchen island and it's fine. All breakers are fine. This feels like a hidden GFI problem or a electrical problem off the power pedestal. All lights on my surge guard surge protector are yellow not green. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Is there a hidden GFI somewhere I don't know about. After crawling into the bay, there are no loose connections anywhere.

RickCran - Welcome to the forum. Don't ya just love these electrical gremlins?

1. Is your microwave working? It will be on a separate breaker. If it's working, then we know that shore power is working?
    2. Do you have 50 amp power on your rig, or is it 30 amp power? If it's 50 amp, you may have lost one leg of the power?
    3. Are you plugged into shore power, or are you running off a generator?

My primary interest is that you have "yellow" lights on your Surge Guard. Typically, that is indicative of a ground problem. If you provide the Surge Guard model number, we should be able to decipher what the lights indicate.

Jim

Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Hi TucsonJim thanks for your note. Yes, microwave is working. So shore power is working it appears. No generator, just 50 amp. Found a second GFI behind the tv that works. Push the test button. Then push to reset. Works great. The GFI on the island does not work. When you push the test button, it does not stay in test mode but bumps back without allowing me to push reset. Surge Guard is 44270. So thinking one of two things. Bad GFI and/or bad power off the pedestal. Going to try the surge protector on the pedestal across the road. Thanks for the help sir!

Comment

It may be a loose connection inside the power panel, maybe on a breaker or a ground screw. Only go into this panel when there is NO shore power connected or generator.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks Brian. Yup, last resort that is.

Comment

Originally posted by RickCran View Post
            Used the trailer a couple of months ago and all was well. Took the trailer on a trip to northern CO with the expectation that we would be wintering in the Denver area. I know, I know...if I'm doing the SnowBird thing, I'm doing it wrong The problem is that I'm not an electrician. All living room outlets are dead. I can only find one GFI on the underside of the kitchen island and it's fine. All breakers are fine. This feels like a hidden GFI problem or a electrical problem off the power pedestal. All lights on my surge guard surge protector are yellow not green. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Is there a hidden GFI somewhere I don't know about. After crawling into the bay, there are no loose connections anywhere.

On our 295RL the outside outllet is also a GFI. Check it and see if it is tripped.

John and Karyn
            Hillsboro, Oregon
            2020 Reflection 150 Series 295RL

Comment

Originally posted by RickCran View Post
              Hi TucsonJim thanks for your note. Yes, microwave is working. So shore power is working it appears. No generator, just 50 amp. Found a second GFI behind the tv that works. Push the test button. Then push to reset. Works great. The GFI on the island does not work. When you push the test button, it does not stay in test mode but bumps back without allowing me to push reset. Surge Guard is 44270. So thinking one of two things. Bad GFI and/or bad power off the pedestal. Going to try the surge protector on the pedestal across the road. Thanks for the help sir!

Usually (they can vary) the GFCI outlet will not reset unless there is power there. If you're sure both legs of your pedestal have power, as well as both legs out of your surge protector (check with a meter), and the breaker for this circuit is on, then I'd suspect the outlet is bad. Assuming you have a meter and know how to use it, unplug the shore cord, remove the outlet and then carefully check if you get power on the wires coming into the outlet when shore power is reapplied. If so the outlet is bad. If not you don't have the breaker on, or have a problem upstream.
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
              2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
              2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
              X