Replacement Refrigerator for 2021 Reflection 337rls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Refrigerator for 2021 Reflection 337rls

My Norcold 1210t cooling coils sprung a leak. According to Norcold the cooling coils are obsolete, and you cannot order them. First question - Can someone suggest a replacement Fridge that is not a an overpriced Norcold or Dometic? Second question - Before I remove the broken Fridge, can anyone tell me the exact rough opening of the fridge compartment in my kitchen slide?

Depending on how you use your RV I would suggest residential, if you camp with hookups all of the time, or 12 v dc which may require a better battery system than stock. I am no longer a fan of absorption refers since the 12 v dc compressor models have come out.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by cetmanhd65 View Post
      ...can anyone tell me the exact rough opening of the fridge compartment in my kitchen slide?
      Unfortunately that information is not in the packets GD provided to the moderators. However, if you use the Norcold's specifications they should allow you to narrow the search for a replacement. Don't overlook the weight of a potential replacement (as compared to the weight of the Norcold) and any clearances required, usually for airflow.

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thank you Brian & Michelle and Howard. I am leaning toward a 12vdc. I have found a Furrion double door that meets the need, but it is taller than my broken Norcold. Thats why I was looking for the rough opening for the refrigerator compartment. I guess when I remove the Norcold I will get the size of the opening. I was just wondering if someone had already done a replacement and knew those measurements.

Comment

I have a 2021 303RLS and my Norcold 1210 died also. The Slide box is 24Dx33Wx66H. Went through the board and all voltages are good. AC heater tubes have voltage and show 41 ohms. It just slowly got warmer over the last few weeks and stays at 55 degrees. No error on the diagnostics, LP works fine also. I jumped the fans with a 5 amp fuse so they would run continuous. No help. I don't see any leaks but I'm done with this junker, 3 years and nothing but soft ice cream and condensation. Looking for a 12v or 120v replacement that will fit. Any help would be appreciated!!

Dana
          2020 F250 6.7 Powermax
          2021 303RLS

Comment

You will have to check the size but I think the Furrion 4 door 12 v dc fridge will fit into that opening. When they designed the new 12 v dc fridges they made them fit the same openings as the previous absorption fridges. There may be some trim work involved though. Not sure what other brands are out there but I am happy with the Furrion.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

If you check the data package for your RV, you should find a document that describes the refrigerator installation specifications. That document should have details on the opening.

Jim
              Jim and Ginnie
              2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
              GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
              GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Norcold 1210 series require a cabinet. opening that is 63.25-63.38"H x 32.69-32.82"W x 24"D

Don't like hearing about these 1210 model early deaths...I have one too. But working well so far.
                2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                2021 303RLS
                Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Found a Hamilton Beach residential.The biggest issue was depth due to the island. Bought it from WalMart for $860 with a 3 year warranty. Don't get the big difference in price for the same thing. A little woodwork for the height. The Furrions and Norcolds of the world is a scam. I'm not paying that much.
                  The Hamilton Beach 16.6 cu. ft. Refrigerator features 2 glass shelves, crisper drawer for storing fruits and vegetables, frost free, and open door alarms. With a nice display LED, noise level DB(A):42,

Comment

Originally posted by Defollow View Post
                    Found a Hamilton Beach residential.The biggest issue was depth due to the island. Bought it from WalMart for $860 with a 3 year warranty. Don't get the big difference in price for the same thing. A little woodwork for the height. The Furrions and Norcolds of the world is a scam. I'm not paying that much.
                    Two questions......in your posting signature....you list the Ford F250 and then a 6.7 Powermax. What is a Powermax? I've never heard that terminology before. Second......curios do you mainly stay plugged into shore power or boondock since you've added a residential fridge? If boondocking, I've heard the power requirements are significantly more for the inverter and power draws against your battery bank for the residential fridge rather than running the new 12v DC fridge. If you are mainly plugged into shore power....obviously not a concern.
                    40-year Camping Enthusiast
                    2022 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS with tons of upgrades
                    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC LB SRW D-Max 3865 Cargo Capacity

Comment

Working...
                    X