Living Room TV Mount?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living Room TV Mount?

I need to remove the TV where I can mount a soundbar on it. Does anyone know how to do this? I found the mount on MyGDRV but there is no info on the brand or how to remove it.
    Last edited by reubenray; 01-29-2024, 12:39 PM.
    Raymond and Dee Dee
    2024 Reflection 296 RDTS
    2023 Chevrolet 2500HD

Originally posted by reubenray View Post
    I need to remove the TV where I can mount a soundbar on it. Does anyone know how to do this? I tried to login to MYGDRV, but I could not.
    There are so many possible TV mounts...if possible, take some pics from different angles of the mount and post them here. Someone will know what to do.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I found it on the MyGDRV site, but I can'f figure out how to post it here. It is part number 690784.
      Raymond and Dee Dee
      2024 Reflection 296 RDTS
      2023 Chevrolet 2500HD

Comment

I got the mount apart and the TV off of the mount. Part of this is https://www.amazon.com/Monitor-Profi...9c15a0620fb25d which slides apart. I am guessing being it is cold it did not want to come apart. Once I got the TV on the bed the two parts slide apart.
        Raymond and Dee Dee
        2024 Reflection 296 RDTS
        2023 Chevrolet 2500HD

Comment

Some things to consider for the remount:

If going to a different TV, the old mount may not work. Check the VESA classification on the new TV and make sure it is compatible with the old mount, if not you will need a new mount.

GD is stingy with the blocking in the wall for the TV mount. Check and make sure that there is a secure anchor where you are moving the TV mount to, a stud finder is you best friend for this.

If there is not blocking where the TV mount is going, or where the sound bar will be installed, Consider surface mounting a nice-looking piece of wood to the wall, spanning across two or more studs (a stud finder is your best friend for this. An additional plus for this is the surface mount blocking will give you a little more room for access to the back of the TV.
          John
          2018 Momentum 395M
          2018 Ram 3500 Dually
          Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Television backer mount (general information).

If your OEM TV mount is on the inside of an exterior wall, it will have a sheet metal backing plate. The location and size of the backing plate can be determined with a strong magnet.

If your OEM TV mount is on an interior wall like it is on this owner's 296 RDTS, the backing plate is wood and can generally be located with a stud finder.

Jim
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
              Television backer mount (general information).

If your OEM TV mount is on the inside of an exterior wall, it will have a sheet metal backing plate. The location and size of the backing plate can be determined with a strong magnet.

If your OEM TV mount is on an interior wall like it is on this owner's 296 RDTS, the backing plate is wood and can generally be located with a stud finder.

Jim

Would that be true for a 2024 Transcend as well? The backer sticker in the bedroom of mine is on the inside of an exterior wall.
              Caleb....
              Upstate SC
              2024 Transcend 247BH
              2013 Chevy Silverado 1500

Comment

Originally posted by crogers1552 View Post

Would that be true for a 2024 Transcend as well? The backer sticker in the bedroom of mine is on the inside of an exterior wall.
                Most likely a wood backer. What model Transcend?

Howard

P.S. Welcome to the forum!
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
                2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Most likely a wood backer. What model Transcend?

Howard

P.S. Welcome to the forum!
                  It is a 247BH
                  And thanks for the welcome!
                  Caleb....
                  Upstate SC
                  2024 Transcend 247BH
                  2013 Chevy Silverado 1500

Comment

Working...
                  X