Furrion Back up Camera plug only reading 10.5 volts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion Back up Camera plug only reading 10.5 volts

Hello Fellow Grand Designs Campers, we just bought a 2020 265 bh, bought the back up camera and it did not pair. Works just fine when connecting to a direct source. Took my multi meter up and the power is only reading 10.5 v. Also checked the centre marker light to also only find 10.5v. Has anyone else experienced something similar?
    Thanks!

Hi Beardo76 - Welcome to the technical forum. It appears that your camera and rear clearance lights are getting their power from the tow vehicle through the 7-way connector. The first thing I'd do is check the 7-way socket on the tow vehicle to see what the voltage is. Measure between pins 1 and pin 3 with the truck running and the running lights activated. If you are reading 10-1/2 volts at the connector, the problem is with the truck. If you're reading 13 volts or higher, there is a voltage drop in the trailer wiring.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7 Way.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	128560

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thanks Jim!! I will be sure to test that and report my findings!

Comment

HI Jim, shows 14V from the truck. what you think. I will check the grounds next to ensure good connection.

Comment

What is the year and brand of the tow vehicle?

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

2019 Infiniti qx80

Comment

I have a 2022 GD Solitude 310 GKR. All is good with the exception of the pre wired backup camera. I use the Furrion Vision S System, model FOS07TADS. Every time I try to use the camera while pulling the Solitude, the Furrion will stop receiving the signal and turn off. It also blows the 30 amp fuse in the truck (2021 F250). Suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Beardo76 View Post
                Hello Fellow Grand Designs Campers, we just bought a 2020 265 bh, bought the back up camera and it did not pair. Works just fine when connecting to a direct source. Took my multi meter up and the power is only reading 10.5 v. Also checked the centre marker light to also only find 10.5v. Has anyone else experienced something similar?
                Thanks!
                Greatings
                Jim has given excellent advice. There are two other things to check. Where you 7 pin cable attaches to the trailer (side of front A-frame I think) there will be a junction box, Check the trailer running light connection between the 7 pin cable and trailer wiring. It May be brown in color. Whatever color it is you should also find it at the rear of the trailer outside the frame (goes through a frame hole) before it heads up to the clearance lights. Per you floor plan it could be in the rear storage area. Check the connection there. You should find the same color feeding the clearance lights. You should be able to pull the wiring behind the lights out fare enough to see the connections behind. Make sure the connections are solid and that no insulation is present in the connection. Note - on my unit GD tried to use the same wire color from the 7 pin junction box to the terminus point like the tail lights. Makes it fairly easy to check for open wires or shorts. Also remember at ever clearance light down the trailer side there will be a junction with the wire coming out of the 7 pin junction box. Like a daisy chain.

Now for the negative return, aka, ground wires (white in color) GD home runs them back to the main power bar (front of trailer). There will all be a big bundle tied together and then a single wire goes to the frame ground. In my case it was a big blue wire nut and the wires were loose inside. GD may have used Wago connectors on your unit. So make sure they are solid seated and that the ground connection is solid and a bigger wire than the ones going into the Wago connector or bundle. I individually grounded mine to the frame, others have tied the 14 gauge wire bundle to the frame with a 10 gauge wire to help with current and voltage loss.

If you can take a picture of your junction box and the grounding wire bundle. Also if possible the camera power tie into the clearance light wires.

Hope this helps
                Keith
                2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

HI Yoda , I opened up the grey junction box and snapped a few pics. While i was there i retightened the ground, squeezed some of those connection the Cam got sufficient power to operate! I will open up that big bound tapped wires and confirm the connection is solid as well before our season starts
                  Thanks so much to all for your support.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240214_141426.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	128622

Comment

Working...
                  X