Compass connect no longer connects...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compass connect no longer connects...

Hi! I got my '24 23LDE about a month ago now, and when I first got it, I paired the Compass Connect app and every time I went to use it, it loaded up and worked with no issues whatsoever. I was able to monitor everything and control the slides and awning etc. I probably ran it about 10 - 15 times over 2 weeks just to play around with it and again, had no issues. I took my first camping trip last week, and when I got to the campsite I went outside with the intent of opening the slide with the app. When I tried, I got a message indicating the the trailer thought it was still moving or in travel mode or something and the slide was locked out. I'm not exactly sure what it said because I only saw it once and haven't been able to see that message again. I closed the app and tried it again and it just said the slide was off-line. I gave up at this point and went in and used the panel and had no issues putting the slide out using that.

Ever since then, the Compass Connect app refuses to automatically connect. Whenever I open the app on my phone, the blue connect light comes up on the panel for about 15-30 seconds, the app spins a bit, and then the blue light goes out and the app doesn't connect. If I unpair the trailer and then repair it using the QR code, it connects again, but as soon as it disconnects, it no longer connects again unless I unpair / re-pair it...

I've tried clearing the cache on my phone, but I'm not really sure what else to try next.

Any ideas?

So the unity boards have a lockout that can only be disable by cycling a non app control switch. Mine does this and I hate it, thinking about clipping the brake light tie to prevent this.

As for the app not connecting, have you cycled the power to the unity board (kill all power including solar while removing the battery negative lead for several minutes)?

Fo reference on my unity board it's the 3rd plug down on the top right labeled "LOCKOUT". This is tied to the brake light circuit, hit the brakes and it activates the lock feature of the board for safety.

Click image for larger version

Name:	One-Touch-Control.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	130971
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Thanks Joseph, I knew about the lockout but didn't know what it used as a 'detect'. I hate it at well but I guess they figured they had to do something so your phone does't extend a slide while going down the highway.
      RichSNJ
      Bluetooth is a lousy comm when it comes to connect/reconnect priority/hierarchy. At least I think you should be able to set one. My compass connect connection can get hi-jacked by my trucks 'connect' system for my phone..which will kick off other connections like compass connect Maybe a possibility?
      2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
      Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

RichSNJ

Contact Lippert, they are very good at helping with these issues.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
          So the unity boards have a lockout that can only be disable by cycling a non app control switch. Mine does this and I hate it, thinking about clipping the brake light tie to prevent this.

As for the app not connecting, have you cycled the power to the unity board (kill all power including solar while removing the battery negative lead for several minutes)?

Fo reference on my unity board it's the 3rd plug down on the top right labeled "LOCKOUT". This is tied to the brake light circuit, hit the brakes and it activates the lock feature of the board for safety.

Click image for larger version

Name:	One-Touch-Control.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	130971
          I will try completely powering everything down, I can't guarantee that it's been completely down with no battery since the trouble started. Thanks!

Comment

So I tried a cold shutdown of all power and it didn't help :( How does one go about contacting Lippert for support?

Comment

Originally posted by RichSNJ View Post
              So I tried a cold shutdown of all power and it didn't help :( How does one go about contacting Lippert for support?
              432-547-7378, that is customer support, they will send you to the correct area.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I did wind up contacting customer support and they asked me to reinstall my app, which I did, but it didn't help. I thought it was odd that after I reinstalled my app my trailer was still listed in the pairings, so I went and factory reset the app under the settings menu and that did the trick!

Comment

Working...
                X