Camera Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nprario View Post

I have not had an rebooting problems with mine. I might loose the picture for a few seconds but it's rare and is most likely interference from truck traffic. I still have the small antenna that came with it and may go to a extender set up as I am about 45' from the antenna in the truck cab.
    When you say you lose the picture, does the screen go black? That is what is happening with mine, screen goes black, I see the logo and it comes back. It only takes like 10 seconds in total.
    Chyrrl and Rich
    2024 XLS 23LDE
    Hamilton Township, NJ

Comment

Originally posted by RichSNJ View Post

When you say you lose the picture, does the screen go black? That is what is happening with mine, screen goes black, I see the logo and it comes back. It only takes like 10 seconds in total.
      Yes, it goes black. It's losing the signal and then coming back. Rarely happens on my setup but it does occasionally happen
      Nels & Vanessa
      2022 Reflection 31MB
      2022 Chevy 3500 4x4 SRW Standard Bed Duramax, BW OEM non slider hitch custom 7000 axles w dual panhard rods and G rated tires.

Comment

Yes, it goes black. It's losing the signal and then coming back. Rarely happens on my setup but it does occasionally happen
        It might be the same thing. When mine "loses signal", I get "garbage" on the screen or it runs delayed. That usually happens more so on the rear camera than the two side cameras, presumably because it's farther away.
        Chyrrl and Rich
        2024 XLS 23LDE
        Hamilton Township, NJ

Comment

Mine will sometimes "glitch" when I drive under power lines. It takes about 20-30 seconds to reconnect.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

With the range dominator extended aerial I have never had any blackouts, dropouts, or periods waiting to reconnect. Just fyi.
            2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
            2021 303RLS
            Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
              With the range dominator extended aerial I have never had any blackouts, dropouts, or periods waiting to reconnect. Just fyi.
              Where do I get a range dominator?
              Nels & Vanessa
              2022 Reflection 31MB
              2022 Chevy 3500 4x4 SRW Standard Bed Duramax, BW OEM non slider hitch custom 7000 axles w dual panhard rods and G rated tires.

Comment

Where do I get a range dominator?
                It's a Haloview aerial for their cameras. Range Dominator is just the marketing name for it.
                I think you have to have a camera without a built in aerial.

https://www.haloview.com/haloview-7-...or-system.html
                2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                2021 303RLS
                Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Nuts, kind of hoping it was a extended antenna with a booster.
                  Nels & Vanessa
                  2022 Reflection 31MB

Comment

nprario Check this antenna out, On my unit, this sticks up above the top of the TT and has better gain.

Amazon.
                    TECHTOO 9dBi WiFi Antenna with SMA Male (SMA-Plug) Connector Compatible W/Anran Haloview IP Camera & Other Wireless Security Camera Antenna - 2.4Ghz Wireless Networking Device (SMA-Plug)

Jim & Kathy
                    2022 Imagine 2600RB
                    2022 RAM 1500 Limited Longhorn, Hemi e-Torque, 3:92,
                    trailer tow pkg, 4x air suspension, TT TPMS.

Comment

In 2022 I bought the RD7 with signal booster on top of RV near nose. The camera stopped working last year and I'm having trouble getting the setup to work again. Then I spent money on the GM camera system for the truck/trailer but now its acting up and dropping connection. When the GM camera works, it is really nice and good picture, but I think I have an issue with the optical lines or connectors. I have a portable Haloview battery operated magnet camera I use for a backup system, and I set it on the trailer hitch on back of RV. It works with my 7" monitor without the booster but there is a signal delay. It is actually the only camera I have that works all the time, every time! ha It is nice to have that remote camera to set anywhere I want. I use it a lot backing onto pads or chocks by myself so I know the tires are centered, etc.
                      I'm looking into a new wired system for the RV Click image for larger version

Name:	Haloview remote camera.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	133845 .
                      2022 Reflection 150 Series 280RS, 2022 GMC 3500 Denali crew cab 4x4 6.6L Turbo Diesel, empty wallet.

Comment

Working...
                      X