Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customer Satisfaction Program notice for heat shield on Microwave/Convection oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by howson View Post
    The instructions that came with the shield.

[ATTACH]n18044[/ATTACH]
    Howard that is a very thorough post...thank you! I'm glad my dealer is doing mine while it's there for other items, I just know I'd drop that oven on my toe doing it by myself!
    Jeff
    2019 Solitude 375 RES
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum

Comment

howson - Howard, thank you for posting pictures and details ! I asked another member of the other sandbox to do the same along with pictures of his wall when he gets around to installing his. I think this information will be of value to members for some time to come.

Not important....just curious. I wonder what vendor or company makes and supplies these ? Secondly, is it a custom item for just GDRV and/or other manufacturers (or just a std. off the shelf product) who have installed and continue to install convection ovens with the problem ? I would venture that GDRV is not the only RV manufacturer taking action on this item.

No need to do any research.....bigger fish to fry....... but maybe if answers are learned we it can be shared in the future.

Dan
      Dan & Carol
      2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
      2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Maybe I missed it but how can I get the materials sent to me? It will give me something to do while still in lock-down.
        Bob P.
        2018 F-350 CCLB 4X4 Dually
        2020 337RLS
        VIN last 8 L3326309

Comment

Originally posted by Bob P View Post
          Maybe I missed it but how can I get the materials sent to me? It will give me something to do while still in lock-down.
          If you have received the letter there is an email address on there. Send them an email with your vin number to request the part. Also include a phone number, Mathew called me to confirm all my info and had the part sent to me.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks Brian, Much appreciated!
            Bob P.
            2018 F-350 CCLB 4X4 Dually
            2020 337RLS
            VIN last 8 L3326309

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Megan View Post
              Here is all of the info regarding the Customer Satisfaction Program # 910019: https://gdrv4life.granddesignrv.com/...program-910019 If you have not received a letter and are wondering if your unit is covered under this program, please reach out to your dealer directly.
              Megan, a question posed by Calbar in the original post hasn't been answered yet: are Canadian customers and their trailers included in this recall?

Also, if the customer's dealer cannot be trusted with service work will GD authorize another dealer to do it?

Thx.
              Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

The instructions that came with the shield.

[ATTACH]n18044[/ATTACH]
                Thanks Howard. Those instructions show an apparent vent to the outside. Our late-2017-built trailer doesn't have that; just vents into the living area. Is the vent on all later models?
                Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

Originally posted by boyscout View Post

Thanks Howard. Those instructions show an apparent vent to the outside. Our late-2017-built trailer doesn't have that; just vents into the living area. Is the vent on all later models?
                  That's almost funny that the picture used (in step 6) does show what appears to be an exterior vent. You have an eye for detail, Mark! This is yet another variable (referencing lobsters thread).

I am not familiar with what years and models of GD units have exterior vents. Even doing a Google image search may not be foolproof as GD changes configurations in the middle of a year (very confusing, frankly, but seems to be common in the RV industry).
                  Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

That's almost funny that the picture used (in step 6) does show what appears to be an exterior vent. You have an eye for detail, Mark! This is yet another variable (referencing lobsters thread). [deleted]
                    Yeah, I laughed when I saw that. Oh, well... I _think_ that means that I would be suspicious of any of these units regardless of whether they vent internally or externally. In response #6 of the thread howson referenced, I measured the back temperature at 235 with the unit on the counter and the cabinet open (cover off). Essentially unlimited ventilation.
                    Al and Kathe
                    :No longer full-time. New sticks and bricks in East Helena, MT

2018 Solitude 310GK 110463 (Rhett)
                    2018 F350 CC DRW 4x4 Lariat (Scarlett)

Visited states map on the blog (below)
                    Follow us: http://lobstersontheloose.com

Comment

Megan, a question posed by Calbar in the original post hasn't been answered yet: are Canadian customers and their trailers included in this recall?

Also, if the customer's dealer cannot be trusted with service work will GD authorize another dealer to do it?

Thx.
                      I'm sorry, I guess I missed that you were asking if this includes Canadian customers or not. I am checking on this right now.

Also, if you have a dealer that is willing to do this for you, then you may have them take care of it. Just be sure to give us a call prior to, so that we can document properly.

Comment

All owners, including Canadian owners, will receive this letter if you’re unit is included in this program. If you haven’t received a letter it could be because:

a. Mail is delayed going into Canada due to Coronavirus
                        b. Your unit is not affected by this program

if you’re unsure, or would like more clarity, we can look you up in our system with your VIN. Please reach out to your dealer first, just to try to not overwhelm our customer support team. If you’re not able to reach your dealer due to Coronavirus, feel free to give our customer support team a call at 584-825-9679 or email us at warranty@granddesignrv.com.

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Megan View Post
                          All owners, including Canadian owners, will receive this letter if you’re unit is included in this program. If you haven’t received a letter it could be because:

a. Mail is delayed going into Canada due to Coronavirus
                          b. Your unit is not affected by this program

if you’re unsure, or would like more clarity, we can look you up in our system with your VIN. Please reach out to your dealer first, just to try to not overwhelm our customer support team. If you’re not able to reach your dealer due to Coronavirus, feel free to give our customer support team a call at 584-825-9679 or email us at warranty@granddesignrv.com.
                          Thank you Megan,

Very much appreciate your help with this and all the other great input, help and information that you contribute.

Rob
                          Rob & Barb
                          2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
                          2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

The vent is installed on newer units and has no bearing on this issue since the "hot spot" is below the venting. The microwave convection ovens used by Grand Design RV and other manufacturers are designed to vent to the interior.

Comment

I have a ‘20 Reflection 303RLS Purchased used in Jan. It has a convection microwave. Should we have received any notice about this how do I find out if we need this heat shield?

Comment

Originally posted by notlost View Post
                                I have a ‘20 Reflection 303RLS Purchased used in Jan. It has a convection microwave. Should we have received any notice about this how do I find out if we need this heat shield?
                                See post 41 of this thread for info on how to contact Grand Design (with your VIN) to find out if your Reflection is included in this Customer Satisfaction Program.

Rob
                                Cate & Rob
                                (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                                2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
                                X