No announcement yet.

Dometic 1350 fridge cooling issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the whole dilemma with refers are the ones installed in a slide. Trying to force the hot air up along the coils and then down thru the side vent is almost impossible. A normal installation where the heat rises up past the coils and out of the vent installed on the roof is a normal pattern for air.
    ncitro being as you have yours set up in a shop you could do some experimenting for us all. Build a box around it similar to the installation in the RV and see what kind of venting would be needed to get the proper air flow down and out of a slide installation, if you do not have anything better to do.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
      I think the whole dilemma with refers are the ones installed in a slide. Trying to force the hot air up along the coils and then down thru the side vent is almost impossible. A normal installation where the heat rises up past the coils and out of the vent installed on the roof is a normal pattern for air.
      ncitro being as you have yours set up in a shop you could do some experimenting for us all. Build a box around it similar to the installation in the RV and see what kind of venting would be needed to get the proper air flow down and out of a slide installation, if you do not have anything better to do.

Brian
      lol yeah I’ll get right on that

I agree about the slide theory. In my old SOB rig it was not in the slide (smaller two door version), and I had no issues at all. Given that I’m now sure it works fine out of the rig I’m convinced it was an installation or design problem. The strange thing is most are obviously fine.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

Brian
        The in-slide installation of the Dometic frig in our 2016 Reflection 337 worked quite well (until the cooling unit leaked, of course). The tech who replaced the cooling unit said that it was one of the better in-slide designs and installations he'd seen. I don't think there were any baffles to restrict airflow, though - and plenty of space for circulation between the frig and outside wall.

Rob
        Rob & Laura
        U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
        2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
        2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
        (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
        Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Originally posted by MissyB View Post
          Has anyone tried JC Refrigeration in Shipshewana, In. I've tried everything posted and online to get our RM 1350 to work to no avail.
          I made that conversion on reflection 303. It is described in a thread called Conversion of a Dometic 1350 to Compressor in the appliance section. I have been running it now continuously for 3 months+ and it is working fine. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.
          2018 Reflection 303rls
          MORryde IS, FlexArmor roof
          Blue Ox Super Ride hitch
          2017 Ford F350 CCSB SRW

Comment

Originally posted by wygieman View Post

I made that conversion on reflection 303. It is described in a thread called Conversion of a Dometic 1350 to Compressor in the appliance section. I have been running it now continuously for 3 months+ and it is working fine. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.
            To make that thread easy to find, I've added the link here
            Andi
            Brookings SD
            2018 Reflection 337RLS
            2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Duramax

Comment

Working...
            X