23 cent TV lift fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 23 cent TV lift fix

The other day we finally decided to do something about the "wonderful" TCL TV that came in our Solitude. So we bought a new 50" Samsung super duper everything smart TV and a Yamaha sound bar and subwoofer to go with it. I'll post pics in a different thread about the sound bar mod.

During the installation of the TV and I really don't know how, we popped off the little plastic bushing that centers the threaded rod at the top of the TV stand. No big deal, a few seconds spent exploring the further reaches of my vocabulary and a minute with a curved piece of wire to retrieve it from the bottom and all was good as new. Not.

One of the little tangs had broken off the bushing and it would no longer remain in place when operating the lift. While not destructive, the noise of the threaded rod banging around in the unbushed hole was really annoying. OK, research time. No joy at any of the local electrical outlets, no joy on the local RV dealers and no joy in finding a replacement on the Internet in the hour I was willing to give it.

So I called GD. As usual, I got a nice person on the phone who took my VIN, looked up the part and told me that there were no replacement items available for the lifts, just the entire lift as a single part. I asked how much that TV lift was and was referred back to my dealer with the part number. $877.61 plus tax and shipping! I actually laughed out loud and the parts guy laughed with me.

Next. I have a friend with a 3D printer, problem solved. Except that at the small size of the part, the tangs were not strong enough with the materials he had on hand. Lucky for me, my friend has a pretty good case of OCD and spent about 10 hours searching for the exact part. Voila! He found a supplier of the exact same part willing to sell one at a time for 23 cents apiece. Because I'm a big spender I bought five and with shipping it came to $4.37 and they were at my home in 5 days.

Our TV setup is terrific and our lift works without clanging and all is good with the world.

Here is the link and part number for any of you who may encounter this same issue.

https://www.heyco.com/Hole_Plugs/pro...ion=Hole_Plugs

It’s the one with description : B 593-468
    2017 310GK

Awesome write up. Thanks.
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

JeffC -- that's one great friend you've got! Only thing that would have made your post better is a picture of the that .23 cent part. (I like pictures!)
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
        JeffC -- that's one great friend you've got! Only thing that would have made your post better is a picture of the that .23 cent part. (I like pictures!)
        There is a diagram on the bottom of the web page. Pictures are nice, but the diagram with dimensions is better . Whats interesting is this type of part is and can be used in a lot of situations. My lawn mower has one on the blade brake cable holder. They are not meant to be removed (no release hole for clips). JeffC Which one is the correct size? Part number you ordered? Thanks

Keith
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

There is a diagram on the bottom of the web page. Pictures are nice, but the diagram with dimensions is better . Whats interesting is this type of part is and can be used in a lot of situations. My lawn mower has one on the blade brake cable holder. They are not meant to be removed (no release hole for clips). JeffC Which one is the correct size? Part number you ordered? Thanks

Keith
          You were almost there The part number was the line right after the link to the website in my post.

2017 310GK

Comment

Originally posted by JeffC View Post

You were almost there The part number was the line right after the link to the website in my post.

DOH!!!!!! Ill go bang my head against the wall for a while
            Sorry

Keith
            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

howson - This picture is just for you

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200803_073907.jpg
Views:	488
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	26136
              2017 310GK

Comment

Working...
              X