Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fridge Interior probe location for best operation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fridge Interior probe location for best operation?

I have been trouble shooting where the best location for the interior probe for best operation. While traveling I have been running on propane and at setting 6 the fridge is barely functional at times. Inside temperatures have hit 50 while traveling but freezer OK. Outside temps while traveling averaging the high 90's. Parked and level setting 6 works well to bring it down and we could get by on 5 (trailer level). I tried moving the probe between fins at several locations. Made things worse. Finally discovered that having it on the last fin with the probe outboard in the open space worked best. This is contrary to what others have posted that moving the probe inward between fins works best. Fridge outside fan is almost always on.
    Thoughts?

I will probably be adding aux fans, but undecided if interior or exterior are needed or both. Hate to take up interior room with a fan unit.. Thoughts?

Last for those that have done the fan projects and posted about them, any afterthoughts on what you did or should have done and any long term issues or product evaluations. I am just starting reading the threads while sitting at the DW's parents house in Mississippi to read up on this.

Thanks again
    Keith

PS it is a single door 8CF Dometic fridge.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Yoda -- I chased my Dometic for a couple of years trying to get it to work. Never was completely satisfied (except in late fall through early spring).

When SWMBO is not looking pitch the "RV" refrigerator and get a compressor-based (either 12v "RV" or 120vAC residential).

My RV/CC is so happy with her residential there's not a chance she'd ever go back to an RV-based unit.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Yoda I am in the same camp as Howard. After throwing away a fridge full of food three times when temps got to 50 degrees I gave up and swapped to residential. I was able to sell my RV fridge for most of the cost. After pulling it I rigged it up in my shop and it ran like a champ, I am a firm believer that they just do not do well in hot temps in the slide outs.

All that said I had the 8CF Dometic in my old SOB trailer. If you have the slider adjuster I am thinking of, then I gave up on the fin adjustment and bought this little thermostat. Its a small knob you replace the slider with and turn toward hotter or colder. I found this worked way better than the slide adjuster.

​​​​​​https://www.snip-the-tip.com/cgi-bin/articca.cgi
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
      X