No announcement yet.

Furrion Arctic Side by Side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We also have a Furrion 15.6 in our 2022 Reflection 337rls. There is no latch anywhere on the fridge. First time we traveled all was fine, second time half our stuff was on the floor. We have put hooks and bungee cord on for next trip. But that is ridiculous for a brand new fridge and camper. I am wondering if they forgot to put the latch on?

Comment

Originally posted by kathrinshaw View Post
      We also have a Furrion 15.6 in our 2022 Reflection 337rls. There is no latch anywhere on the fridge. First time we traveled all was fine, second time half our stuff was on the floor. We have put hooks and bungee cord on for next trip. But that is ridiculous for a brand new fridge and camper. I am wondering if they forgot to put the latch on?
      GDRV-Mariah -- anything you can add / share regarding this Furrion refrigerator?

kathrinshaw -- welcome to the forum! Please check out the Welcome Letter to New Members if you'd like to know more about this forum: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members Regarding the refrigerator...I doubt GD "forgot" to install a latch or that it is even supposed to have one, but let's see if Mariah has any further information.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

All, wanted to jump back in on this topic. The picture of the 2 hooks at the top of the doors is very helpful as i have see that referenced in some of the YouTube GD walk thru's but never saw a picture of the final results. I will have to consider something like that as i have nothing at this point. Also wanted to respond to the question related to how unstable the fridge was during my PDI. Not sure how it ever could have gotten to the dealer without considerable damage as the whole fridge was as lose as it possible could be. Told the dealer and looks like they shoved a 2X4 a couple feet long between the top of the fridge and the wooden cabinet that its in. Absolutely took the movement out of the fridge, now solid as a rock although i cannot believe thats the school book solution for the problem. Works and unless you are taller and can see over the top of the fridge, which i am, you would not see the 2X4. Will have to see if it stays put once i hit the road. Think GD has some fine tuning to do make this a professional installation.
        Al and Diane

2022 28BH - (6) Chins 100AH, MultiPlus 2, (2) 100/30CC, 1.4KW solar
        RAM 2019 2500 Cummins crew cab short bed
        PullRite SuperGlide

Comment

I have a 15.6 cu.ft. Furrion Arctic 12 Volt Side by Side Residential Style Refrigerator in my new Reflection 315 RLTS. It was delivered a week ago. When we plugged it in to shore power the only thing that did not come on is the fridge. The board in the front does not light up. Is there a switch somewhere? The 12 volt fuse is fine. Any ideas? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by psrujak View Post
            I have a 15.6 cu.ft. Furrion Arctic 12 Volt Side by Side Residential Style Refrigerator in my new Reflection 315 RLTS. It was delivered a week ago. When we plugged it in to shore power the only thing that did not come on is the fridge. The board in the front does not light up. Is there a switch somewhere? The 12 volt fuse is fine. Any ideas? Thanks
            I'm not near my manuals, but you press and hold in the blank area above the label Function (I think that's what it says) for about 5 seconds and that turns on the fridge. You'll know because the panel lights will appear as well as the interior lights. The "panel" being the black vertical plastic inset on the fridge door.
            Mike and Rebecca
            2022 Reflection 150 260RD, October 2021 build date.
            2001 Chev 2500 HD 8.1 liter 4x4

Comment

I have held my finger for five seconds or longer on every part of that panel and nothing happens.

Comment

Originally posted by psrujak View Post
                I have held my finger for five seconds or longer on every part of that panel and nothing happens.
                Did the Lock icon flash? I'm guessing not as you said nothing is happening. I've had trouble turning my fridge off when putting the trailer in storage. I had to figure out how to Unlock the control panel before I could turn the fridge off. It helps to have the manual to at least confirm the instructions. If I were at the trailer I'd take a picture of the manual for you.

I think this is the link to the product page to download the manual - https://furrion.com/products/16-cu-f...e-refrigerator
                Mike and Rebecca
                2022 Reflection 150 260RD, October 2021 build date.
                2001 Chev 2500 HD 8.1 liter 4x4

Comment

There is nothing coming on. It is like it is not getting power. The dealer is sending service down on Friday. It was working on January 14 when we did the walk through.

Comment

I must say that we have the same fridge and i find the controls VERY difficult. 5 seconds for this, 3 seconds for that, VERY finicky. a toss up if i can get it going or not. Now i just leave it on. Hard to believe that anything could be made harder.
                    Al and Diane

2022 28BH - (6) Chins 100AH, MultiPlus 2, (2) 100/30CC, 1.4KW solar
                    RAM 2019 2500 Cummins crew cab short bed
                    PullRite SuperGlide

Comment

Our '21 28BH has the old Norcold 1210, but since I have added solar, I would like to get rid of the electric pig that the 1210 is. We leave the fridge stocked when parked at home, and that thing draws a ton of power. I have a picture of the stats from the inside panel of the 16cu ft Furrion Arctic side by side, but that only shows max power. Does anyone have any actual power usage information from day to day operation?

Thanks
                      Jim
                      2021 28BH 1.2kw solar and other mods
                      2019 F350 PSD SRW

Comment

We're on our first long trip with our 2022 28BH. It has the furrion 16 cf refrigerator. It works fine, but we soon found out that the doors don't lock and we find out food on the floor when we arrive. As has been noted, Furrion and Grand Design didn't think for ONE SECOND about the fact that the trailer might be in motion at any time. After the second travel day of finding the same problem, I installed a couple of screw eyes in the cabinet on each side of the refrigerator and will ensure the doors stay closed using a ratchet strap.
                        THis is just another (of many) item(s) that we've had to fix since getting this new rig.
                        Greg & Sherri

2022 GD Reflection 28BH
                        2009 RAM 2500 Cummins

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoGreg View Post
                          We're on our first long trip with our 2022 28BH. It has the furrion 16 cf refrigerator. It works fine, but we soon found out that the doors don't lock and we find out food on the floor when we arrive. As has been noted, Furrion and Grand Design didn't think for ONE SECOND about the fact that the trailer might be in motion at any time. After the second travel day of finding the same problem, I installed a couple of screw eyes in the cabinet on each side of the refrigerator and will ensure the doors stay closed using a ratchet strap.
                          THis is just another (of many) item(s) that we've had to fix since getting this new rig.

We saw this fridge during our factory tour and pointed this out. They showed us a plastic lock that goes over the doors on top of the fridge to hold them closed during travel. I wonder if you did not receive one for some reason.
                          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
                          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

I didn't receive any kind of lock or anything to prevent the refrigerator door from opening while traveling. The ratchet strap I put on this morning worked just fine, but it's irritating that I had to do that.
                            Greg & Sherri

2022 GD Reflection 28BH
                            2009 RAM 2500 Cummins

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoGreg View Post
                              I didn't receive any kind of lock or anything to prevent the refrigerator door from opening while traveling. The ratchet strap I put on this morning worked just fine, but it's irritating that I had to do that.
                              Did you notice a rectangular shaped plastic piece that may have looked like a piece of scrap, u-shaped about a foot long, this would have been the lock. It is not the nicest looking thing but functional.

Brian
                              Brian & Michelle
                              2018 Reflection 29RS
                              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Hi Country Campers , no I don't have anything like that
                                Greg & Sherri

2022 GD Reflection 28BH
                                2009 RAM 2500 Cummins

Comment

Working...
                                X