No announcement yet.

Furrion Arctic Side by Side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 2022 303RLS with the same issue. Nothing provided to keep the fridge closed. On our 1st trip we came in and found some food laying on the floor. Will ensure it has something in front of it on our way home tomorrow. Would love to hear from GD how we should keep it closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

Did you notice a rectangular shaped plastic piece that may have looked like a piece of scrap, u-shaped about a foot long, this would have been the lock. It is not the nicest looking thing but functional.

Brian
      What color is it? Several people have found a clear rectangular tube under the bed and are trying to figure out what it its.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Sounds like GD and Furrion may be trying different fixes. Our 2022 (Oct 21 build) came with three hooks - one on the ceiling above the fridge and then one on the top of each door. Doors lock in place with similar bungy cord attached to the three hooks as the cords securing the bath and bedroom slide doors.
        Mike and Rebecca
        2022 Reflection 150 260RD, October 2021 build date.
        2001 Chev 2500 HD 8.1 liter 4x4

Comment

Jlawles2 I'm pretty sure it was black. I didn't get a good look at it but we were touring the production line and we saw the fridge being installed into units and asked the question about a lock. Or guide walked right into one and unsnapped it and showed us. It clicked over the top of the doors and held them together. I wonder if maybe the dealers are thinking they're shipping brackets and tossing them during prep.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

I finally stuck a couple of hooks on the top of the doors and put a bungee cord around them for my first trip. Quick fix and seemed to work as what started up in the fridge ended up still in it. Consider this to be a BIG miss on GD part.
            Al and Diane

2022 28BH - (6) Chins 100AH, MultiPlus 2, (2) 100/30CC, 1.4KW solar
            RAM 2019 2500 Cummins crew cab short bed
            PullRite SuperGlide

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Furrion Fridge.jpg
Views:	898
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	85446
              My 2022 337RLS Furrion refrigerator did not come with any features to keep the doors closed while in transit. I was concerned about drilling into the refrigerator door to install hooks and voiding the warranty. So I just attached Command Strip hooks to the door and top of the fridge, and then used 3-inch bungee cords in and X-pattern.

Mark & Val
              2022 Reflection 337RLS
              2020 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4X4 Long Bed

Comment

What i did was very similar to your command strip fix. Seems to have worked so far but we should not have had to do this. ALSO does anyone find the touch controls on the front to be very unreliable? I just leave mine on now camping or not as its very hard to get back turned on once its off. The tactile feel and sequence of touches at least for me is hit or miss and I need to play with for some time to eventually come on. Once on i like the fridge, but between the lack of door latch and less than reliable touch pad, has turn out to be more frustrating than it EVER should have been.
                Al and Diane

2022 28BH - (6) Chins 100AH, MultiPlus 2, (2) 100/30CC, 1.4KW solar
                RAM 2019 2500 Cummins crew cab short bed
                PullRite SuperGlide

Comment

We bought our 2022 337RLS 6 weeks ago. We found this on top of the fridge. You pit it on your fridge top the slide it to the middle. This prevents the doors from opening during travel.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Would anyone that has the Furrion 16cu ft in a slide, please measure the distance from the slide floor to the slide ceiling? Given the dimensions of the fridge, I am wonder if the slide room is taller in the 2022 than in the 2021s such as our 28BH.

Thanks in advance
                    Jim
                    2021 28BH 1.2kw solar and other mods
                    2019 F350 PSD SRW

Comment

xsnrg -- do you still need (want?) this information. allenrude -- can you help out? Retired Air Force Guy or someone else?
                      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

yes, still curious. I would like to put the 12v in, but in measuring my slide internal height, and looking at the fridge measurements, they must have made the slides taller in later models, I think.

Jim
                        2019 F350 PSD SRW

Comment

Originally posted by xsnrg View Post
                          yes, still curious. I would like to put the 12v in, but in measuring my slide internal height, and looking at the fridge measurements, they must have made the slides taller in later models, I think.

Jim
                          I would be surprised, your 2021 is not that old, and I am pretty sure my slide height is the same as a current production. I wonder if it is a different model fridge?

Neil Citro

Comment

https://furrion.com/products/16-cu-f...e-refrigerator

This is the only one I know of. The spec says:

Product Dimension (WxHxD): 32 x 70 x 25"​ (836 x 1780 x 636mm)​ Net weight: 176lbs (80kg)

In measuring my internal slide height, I get about 70.5-71 inches, which seems it would slide in, but manufacturers generally specify some space around them, and the manual states this:

Adequate air circulation should be around the appliance,
                            lacking this leads to overheating. To achieve sufficient
                            ventilation, follow the instructions relevant to installation.
                            Wherever possible the back of the product should not
                            be too close to a wall to avoid touching or catching warm
                            parts (compressor, condenser) to prevent the risk of a fire,
                            follow the instructions relevant to installation.
                            Perhaps 1/2 to 1 inch is enough? Anyway, that is why I would like some folks that have this fridge in a slide to measure their height as well.

Thanks
                            Jim

2019 F350 PSD SRW

Comment

Originally posted by xsnrg View Post
                              https://furrion.com/products/16-cu-f...e-refrigerator

This is the only one I know of. The spec says:

Product Dimension (WxHxD): 32 x 70 x 25"​ (836 x 1780 x 636mm)​ Net weight: 176lbs (80kg)

In measuring my internal slide height, I get about 70.5-71 inches, which seems it would slide in, but manufacturers generally specify some space around them, and the manual states this:

Perhaps 1/2 to 1 inch is enough? Anyway, that is why I would like some folks that have this fridge in a slide to measure their height as well.

Thanks
                              Jim
                              Sure. I know WondersAwait has one in a 303. Hopefully he can chime in with his slide height and height of unit.

Neil Citro

Comment

I can certainly go measure it a little later today to give exact specs in the 303 slide.
                                David and Deana
                                2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4, CC, SRW, 6.6L L8T Gas, MYD 6-Speed
                                2022 Reflection 303RLS w/ Gen-Y Executive Gooseneck Hitch

Comment

Working...
                                X