Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by howson View Post
    [USER="9554"]

Cate&Rob -- we can only hope that since Lippert now owns Furrion at some point in the future we'll be able to get spare parts.

Howard
    Hi Howard,

Unfortunately, in the near term, this is not going to help an owner faced with buying an entire new stove because the $5 thermocouple has quit working. I acknowledge that we are talking about a device that operates on propane, so everyone is going to have to find their own comfort level in working with this . . . but, I would like to see the failure parts to determine if a replacement could be created by adapting an available "universal" replacement part.

Rob

Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

Hi Howard,

Unfortunately, in the near term, this is not going to help an owner faced with buying an entire new stove because the $5 thermocouple has quit working. I acknowledge that we are talking about a device that operates on propane, so everyone is going to have to find their own comfort level in working with this . . . but, I would like to see the failure parts to determine if a replacement could be created by adapting an available "universal" replacement part.

Rob
      Here's where the thermocouple screws into the thermostat housing. There's no identifying information I could find on the part.

Click image for larger version

Name:	thermocouple screws on.JPG
Views:	425
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	69215
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

T Alan B I have escalated this issue to the VP of GDRV customer service to see if they can recommend an alternative to replacing the oven. I'll let you know what the answer is.

Jim

​​​​​​​
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

T Alan B

I sent you an email requesting more information I can share with GDRV. They would like to work with you to resolve this.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by StephenO View Post
            Tagging Schiefswret , as Dave may find this topic interesting since he's having the same issue.
            I haven’t found a Thermocouple yet but have reached out to my local RVIA cert mobile tech to see if he has any better resources. Will advise if a resource for the part becomes available.
            Dave and Sue
            2020 GD 2250RK
            2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
            Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
            GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
            SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

What additional info does Grand design need? I did not receive an email. Thank You...

Comment

Originally posted by T Alan B View Post
                What additional info does Grand design need? I did not receive an email. Thank You...
                I think the request is for you VIN, please put it in your profile. Also sending you a PM.

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Our Vin Number is 573fr3225k3410254

Comment

Unfortunately it's probably going to take someone sacrificing a unit to the cause (possibly an already damaged one) so they can pull out the thermocouple and find a plumbing or ac supply house with some old timer parts guy that can just look at it and grab the part.
                    Joseph
                    Tow
                    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Good News! With the help of Brian, I was put in touch directly with Grand Design. They fixed our problem by sending us a brand new unit. Very impressed and plan to install it this weekend. Thank you all for your input. Grand Design comes through again...

Comment

Originally posted by T Alan B View Post
                        Good News! With the help of Brian, I was put in touch directly with Grand Design. They fixed our problem by sending us a brand new unit. Very impressed and plan to install it this weekend. Thank you all for your input. Grand Design comes through again...
                        Glad to help and that you got the issue resolved in this crazy time of supply issues. I am amazed that GD did what they did as there are plenty of issues with getting supplies to build RV's let alone supply an owner with a replacement, definite kudos to GD for this.

On a side note could you get me a pic of the shoe rack that you built beside your steps? I thought I snapped a picture but I guess that I did not.

Brian
                        Brian & Michelle
                        2018 Reflection 29RS
                        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

T Alan B

Save your old stove if you wouldn’t mind. This could be an important source of pictures and answers to questions by others on this forum with the same stove.

Rob
                          Cate & Rob
                          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                          2015 Reflection 303RLS
                          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Hi Brian,
                            We just use a large container next to the stairs for shoes. The RV is in the shop getting its annual check up. I'll send you a pic when it returns home...

Comment

Any updates on a viable solution for the thermocouple issue? Our 2019 29RS (we are second owners) had the thermocouple go out just last weekend. So, Lippert/Furrion won't be likely to send us a new stove.

Comment

CampingQueen -- not to my knowledge. Lippert has purchased Furrion, so why not give Lippert Technical Support a call? Who knows, maybe parts are now available?

Please report back what you find out. https://support.lci1.com/contact

Howard
                                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
                                X