Annual Preventive Maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    I do this but very slowly. When I have to remove something, it gets reattached with stainless screws. I keep a varied selection in the garage and in the tool box when travelling.

Scott,

I've looked for Robertson screws at HD and they are hard to find. Would you have a link to buy stainless Robertson screws? I try to keep the rig looking original with the same screw heads. I know what your thinking.

Jim

Comment

Amazon.com has a screw selector site that appears to be able to find whatever combination you are looking for. They call Robertson "square socket" https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Screws&rh...=sr_es_fst_scr

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

[QUOTE=Beachcamper;n76303]
        Originally posted by StephenO View Post
        Some of the items off my yearly list of items that hasn't been listed yet
        [[*]Do a pressure test on the plumbing system, although installing a fixed pressure gauge would be better[*]*

I would like to know about installing a fixed pressure gauge. Where and how?
        Hi Vivian,

As StephenO describes, a system pressure gauge can be T'd into any cold water line. A "temporary" one can even be attached to the cold water low point drain. I have one at the water panel connected with copper line to my rebuilt plumbing network and another in the bathroom T connected with Pex to the cold water line to the faucet.

Rob
        Attached Files
        Cate & Rob
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

[QUOTE=Cate&Rob;n76340]
          Originally posted by Beachcamper View Post

Hi Vivian,

As StephenO describes, a system pressure gauge can be T'd into any cold water line. A "temporary" one can even be attached to the cold water low point drain. I have one at the water panel connected with copper line to my rebuilt plumbing network and another in the bathroom T connected with Pex to the cold water line to the faucet.

Rob
          Thanks Rob, I was searching for “pressure gauge” but did not come up with how to. Those pictures are very helpful, do you have a suggestion for a pressure gauge to use on the cold water low point?

Vivian
          2018 Reflection 303rls
          Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
          Demco Recon

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
            Amazon.com has a screw selector site that appears to be able to find whatever combination you are looking for. They call Robertson "square socket" https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Screws&rh...=sr_es_fst_scr

Rob
            Thanks Rob.

Looking this over they seem to point to the assortments. I may have to go Philips to widen the choices.

Jim
            Last edited by Guest; 02-09-2022, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post

Scott,

I've looked for Robertson screws at HD and they are hard to find. Would you have a link to buy stainless Robertson screws? I try to keep the rig looking original with the same screw heads. I know what your thinking.

Jim
              Sorry Jim,
              I don't have a link, believe it or not I walked into a store and bought them. Local industrial supply business not a chain. Most were robertson, some were that robertson/philips hybrid.
              2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
              2021 303RLS
              Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Thank you Scott.

I'll look into this as well.

Jim

Comment

I could try and find the brand for you next time I'm there - I got them from bulk packaging. Wouldn't make sense normally to ship across the border, but if you're really stuck, I'll help you out.
                  2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                  2021 303RLS
                  Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Scott,

I should be able to find them here. I'll do as you did to stay away from the home improvement centers. I may even be able to order some through my local hardware store in bulk.

Jim

Comment

[QUOTE=Beachcamper;n76346]
                      Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

Thanks Rob, I was searching for “pressure gauge” but did not come up with how to. Those pictures are very helpful, do you have a suggestion for a pressure gauge to use on the cold water low point?
                      You should be able to find an appropriate pressure gauge in the water pump section of a hardware store. Look for a maximum pressure range of about 100 psi. It will likely have a 1/4” (or similar) male pipe thread and you will have to adapt this to whatever fitting you have on the end of the low point drain.

Rob
                      Cate & Rob
                      2015 Reflection 303RLS
                      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Try looking for phillips combination drive type https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Screws&rh...=sr_es_fst_scr
                        Joseph
                        Tow
                        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                        X