Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff Miladin View Post

They shipped it at No Charge
    Jeff, since you received the camera, have you liked it? Any issues or glitches? Trying to decide whether to get one or to switch over to a Furrion.

Thanks, Bruce
    Bruce and Michelle - and Callie (GSD)
    2019 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4L HEMI
    2023 Reflection 303RLS (purchased 9/2022)

Comment

Does anyone know if a 2022 RAM 2500 needs to have a 12V PWM Filter? I've quit using my OEM Furion Backup camera since it drops out so often.
      2022 Reflection 150 226RK
      2022 Ram 2500 4x4 short bed 6.7 Cummins

Comment

I just got finished fighting with the new insight monitor for my insight camera. It would not connect. I got on the phone with Lippert and the customer service guy went through every possible step with me. I was able to finally get my phone to connect but the picture quality at my truck is horrible.
        One of the problems was that when I was pressing the reset button on the camera to put it in pairing mode or to reset it, no led lights would ever flash. The cs guy said "well, sometimes they don't". So, he decided that they are going to send me another monitor kit and see if that works.
        I just don't understand why GD would continue to install these cameras knowing that the customer is going to have to end up buying another monitor for it. And to boot, it may not work either...
        Mark & Yvonne
        2022 Reflection 303RLS
        2021 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LTZ
        B&M turnover ball
        Blue Ox Gooseneck-to-5th-Wheel Trailer Hitch Adapter

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	9EF150FA-E391-4060-B70A-54562B199B54.jpg
Views:	586
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	96745
          Originally posted by jbt816 View Post

Jeff, since you received the camera, have you liked it? Any issues or glitches? Trying to decide whether to get one or to switch over to a Furrion.

Thanks, Bruce
          We received the monitor from Lippert and worked great half way through our trip. Then it stopped and wouldn’t connect. I’m going to try a reconnect before we leave campground and see if it works. Picture is so much better than the phone!
          2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
          2021 Ford F250 Lariat Short Bed
          Reese 16K

Comment

So with the Insight Camera, I was reading that it only works when truck is in reverse, so a true backup camera? It doesn’t work to see behind the camper when towing down the road?

Also after reading this, am I better off putting my Furrion S camera up in place of the one that Grand Design put on our new 337?

Comment

Originally posted by andyusna77 View Post
              The Lippert camera came installed with our 2022 Reflection 337RLS and I connected to my ipone via bluetooth. Over several connection attempts, it was intermittent and the image quality was poor, at best. Also, the camera only works during back-up, and is not an Observation camera like my previous Furrion vision S. We've been travelling and I finally gave up and installed the Furrion camera. What a HUGE difference in connectivity and picture clarity. And, I can monitor behind me while driving highway speeds with no issues. I do use it to help judge the passenger side traffic while passing.
              As a point of reference, when I took off the Lippert camera, it appeared to be hard wired into the camera (can't say for sure but on the ladder I wanted to move quickly) so I cut the wires and connected to the Furrion camera by splicing. The connection is with Running LIghts which makes it nice.

Mike
              Ram 3500
              2022 Reflection 337RLS
              did all the mounts and everything line up on the 337? I have same issue and would like to do same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorenate92 View Post
                So with the Insight Camera, I was reading that it only works when truck is in reverse, so a true backup camera? It doesn’t work to see behind the camper when towing down the road?

Also after reading this, am I better off putting my Furrion S camera up in place of the one that Grand Design put on our new 337?
                Ours works as we drive down the road. The 7” monitor that Lippert makes has a much better picture than the phone.
                2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
                2021 Ford F250 Lariat Short Bed
                Reese 16K

Comment

I decided to buy the Lippert monitor through e-trailer. It paired up relatively easily and we left to go from Texas to Arkansas for a week. The picture is pretty clear and large with that 7 inch monitor. The only issue I think we had was that it would periodically disconnect for a few seconds, but then it would always reconnect. My Furrion camera did the same thing.
                  Bruce and Michelle - and Callie (GSD)
                  2019 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4L HEMI
                  2023 Reflection 303RLS (purchased 9/2022)

Comment

I purchased a 2022 Reflection 297RSTS in August and never was able to keep a solid connection with the camera. I put a ticket in with Lippert and worked with them for about 2 months, including purchasing a 7" display and came away with the camera still not working correctly. After going through their troubleshooting steps, they agreed that the camera was flawed and authorized a swap out of the insight camera for a Furrion S system camera and display. I worked through my dealer to get the camera swapped, which went without issue. The camera should never have been brought to market as the transmitter has insufficient power to keep a reliable connection to a phone or display. Work with Lippert and in my experience they will make things right.

Comment

I have a 2020 Denali pulling a 2021 337RLS and have had the back up camera fail along with the TireLinc Repeater. GD replaced the camera and I have the same issue with the new one. Will not connect. Contacted Lippert and they're telling me its a GM Pick up power issue. Really? And now it seems to be a WIFI range and LOS issue. I have the GM Protrailer Cam which is OK but want the one that came with the 5th wheel to work also. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by CDoherty View Post
                        I have a 2020 Denali pulling a 2021 337RLS and have had the back up camera fail along with the TireLinc Repeater. GD replaced the camera and I have the same issue with the new one. Will not connect. Contacted Lippert and they're telling me its a GM Pick up power issue. Really? And now it seems to be a WIFI range and LOS issue. I have the GM Protrailer Cam which is OK but want the one that came with the 5th wheel to work also. Any suggestions?
                        Country Campers has a GM truck and had to get a special adapter to make his camera work, so I think there may be truth to that statement. He should see this tag and be along shortly.
                        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
                        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

CDoherty

Yes you will need an adapter for the 7 pin plug to get your camera to work. Not sure if it is in this thread or another but there is a link on this Forum for the adapter. On my phone so not much help in searching but this is a real issue with the newer Chevy trucks.

Brian
                          Brian & Michelle
                          2018 Reflection 29RS
                          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
                          X