No announcement yet.

Residential Washer Dryer in Momentum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FWIW . . . I happened to be watching a home renovation show that investigated the heat pump clothes dryer. They specifically made the same observation that Charles Crespro references. The moisture goes out through the water drain . . . it is not vented into the room.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

That's good to know. I thought I had heard some early complaints on those units that it was an issue, glad it's been worked out.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

For the Momentum group, Miele is the top rated heat pump dryer. It is good in an RV because there is not the heat and humidity of a vented dryer. It is more gentle on clothes.

We take a weekend trip each month and wash after returning home. The install is easier than a vented dryer. Set the washer on a stack of 2x8's the right height. Mount the stack kit and the dryer. Remove the washer brace bars. Tape the dryer hose to the washer hose. With 10 mil pipe tape, create a 4" arch and with 4" of hose in the drain pipe, tape the two hoses in with the 4" arch. Connect 90 degree brass fittings and hot and cold water hoses with plumber's tape. Plug in WD and push in to the foot clips you screwed into the base. For a Solitude, you would need to extend the cabinet. Most Momentums can install without mods.

I installed a small fan in the WD compartment, but now that we use the dryer, I can see it is not needed, even with no vents in the door. If you want the German equivalent of a luxury car in a WD, this is your solution.

Moderators -- one suggestion. The hot and cold plastic fittings are too close to install brass shutoff valves. They could easily be moved 1" out to give 2" more spacing. The standard valves are okay, but fairly low quality.

Best,

Charles
        Last edited by Crespro; 03-09-2022, 04:50 PM.
        2021 Solitude 310 GK-R. 2020 F-250LB, 7.3L, 4.30, Reese 27K

Comment

Working...
        X