Furrion Vent Hood Light Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion Vent Hood Light Switch

I bought my new 2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22mle from Campers Inn RV, Tucker, GA on Jan 31, 2022. 3 days later I took my Fantastic camper out for a shakedown. The Furrion Vent Hood light switch will not turn off the light. Campers Inn has requested from Grand Design a new light switch. I live 50 miles away from Campers Inn and am very handy. It has been 6 weeks and it is very annoying to have this light on ALL THE TIME. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just need the little light switch. The process in getting it fixed is driving me crazy. Anyone have a solution. Thanks trvljet

Originally posted by trvljet View Post
    I bought my new 2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22mle from Campers Inn RV, Tucker, GA on Jan 31, 2022. 3 days later I took my Fantastic camper out for a shakedown. The Furrion Vent Hood light switch will not turn off the light. Campers Inn has requested from Grand Design a new light switch. I live 50 miles away from Campers Inn and am very handy. It has been 6 weeks and it is very annoying to have this light on ALL THE TIME. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just need the little light switch. The process in getting it fixed is driving me crazy. Anyone have a solution. Thanks trvljet
    Hi trvljet -- if you haven't seen it yet, please take a moment to review the Welcome Letter to New Members. It should help you get the most from your time here on the forum. The letter is linked here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

To your question: I'd be surprised if there's an individual part available from Furrion for the vent. It is common for Furrion to not stock individual replacement parts for their equipment. Search the forum and you'll find this is true even for larger items like the range / oven. Don't be surprised if ultimately the repair involves the complete replacement of the range hood. An option, of course, is removing the switch and seeing if you can find part numbers on it and then do online searches. (Post a picture here and someone may be able to help.)

So what can you do if that's not a possibility? Call Grand Design Customer Service (have your VIN handy) and inquire if there's a record of the dealer's request for the part for your camper. Don't be surprised if GD does not have the request, or they do but asked for more information that hasn't been fulfilled (by the dealer). Let me hasten to add that I bought from Campers Inn in Byron and had a fantastic experience, so it may be a simple case of miscommunication. If you're willing to do the work yourself, GD may even send you the part directly from the factory. (Doesn't hurt to ask.)

GD's phone # is on the home page of this forum, right side in the "business card". They are normally quite busy, so patience will be required.

Hope this helps--

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

If you're handy (as you indicate) an option in the short term would be to remove the switch and cut one of the wires (or pull it off it's a plug). Tape it up and at least then the light will be off.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Depending on the switch, you may be able to find a snap in replacement on Amazon or at a local supply store.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

trvljet Welcome to the family and the forum

Can you post a pic? For finding stuff like that, this forum is the best search engine you can find as far as results if you can handle in results slightly more than 0.0035 seconds.
          Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
          Nash County, NC
          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
          X