Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Integrate MOPAR Cameras on Truck?

Hi,

We are all around newbies to RV life. We just picked up our 2022 311BHS and spent a good deal of time today trying to get the camera to connect and we were never successful. From the comments here I’m not sure it is really worth pursuing. I also have a new Ram 3500 diesel that is prewired for a trailer surround camera that will display in the digital rear view mirror and truck’s central display (theoretically). I will try to get the existing camera to work, but I wonder if anyone has advice on getting the Mopar cameras that integrate with the truck.

thanks
    Paul
    Bill, Paul, & Audrey, newbies
    2022 Reflection 311BHS,
    2022 Ram 3500 diesel

Pgott222 -- I can't help with your question but do want to say "Hi!" and point you to the Welcome Letter to New Members: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members Hopefully it will help orient you to the forum and all the resources here.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I think the first step you need to do is ensure the trailer camera is powered up. I'm not saying it to be a smart a$$ just that the camera sometimes needs the truck marker lights on, or sometimes the headlights. Occasionally there is a wiring problem and it just doesn't power up. So prove out the camera power source.
      Now I don't have a brand new Ram so I'm guessing a bit here...but the manual must describe what the truck requires in order to 'see' a trailer camera. Some procedure you need to follow. OR, maybe you need to DL an app for the centre screen?
      2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
      2021 303RLS
      Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Working...
      X