Replacing electric/propane fridge with 12v unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing electric/propane fridge with 12v unit

I have a 2022 297RSTS and I do not like the refrigerator. It is the Dometic 110/Propane model. My last RV had a 12v unit that was great. What does Grand Design use for the 12v option?

rickmb -- noted that was your first post so I hope you'll take a moment to check out the Welcome Letter to New Members: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

TucsonJim (a fellow moderator) has a 297 and has also done testing for GD on 12v refrigerators. Hopefully he'll see that "tag" and will chime in here soon.

Welcome to the forum!

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Furrion Arctic 12 v dc Refrigerator - Grand Design Owners Forums (gdrvowners.com)

Here is a thread where I replaced the gas/electric fridge with a new Furrion 10 cu ft 12 v dc fridge, hopefully it will help you.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks for the tag howson .

I installed the Norcold DC10X in my 2017 297RSTS. It was a pretty simple change and required very little trim and cabinet work. As Brian mentioned, GDRV uses the Furrion model. We have pretty good reports about the cababilities of the Furrion refrigerator. One item of note on the Furrion. They install the fuse for the refrigerator on the back of the unit. It shouldn't be a problem for you since you'll be able to remove the vent panel to access it. If not accessible, you'd need to modify the fuse location or plan on removing the refrigerator if you needed to change the fuse.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
        X