No announcement yet.

Victron Cerbo/CCGX/Venus UI Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes that looks similar to my display. I mentioned GuiMods to Jim when I helped him setup his system, but he was happy just using the VRM phone app to check them. I have not checked in a few weeks now, but I know with the new UI launch he is not planning to update GuiMods anymore. Most of the UI changes are native in the new UI, so he did not see the need last time I looked.

A possibility to resolve the signal issue would be to move the dongle closer to the fridge. You should be able to use a USB extension cable to move it somewhere in the rig to increase its range. I suggested Jim might need to do this as well, but his was okay. I do not have this issue as with the Raspberry PI, my USB is in the display inside the rig rather than down in the front bay at the Cerbo.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post
      You should be able to use a USB extension cable to move it somewhere in the rig to increase its range.
      A good suggestion--I could move it higher with an extension which might increase it's range. Thanks!

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

A good suggestion--I could move it higher with an extension which might increase it's range. Thanks!

Howard
        Yes exactly, get it out of the pass through and up higher somewhere, or closer to the middle of the rig if possible. Should help a ton.

Neil Citro

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
          ncitro

At some point the GUIMODS was wiped by a firmware update (that's my assumption). With the addition of the RUUVI tags I reinstalled GUIMODS this morning. Kind of cool to see the temps on the Remote Console view. At some point I'll figure out how to set alarms for temperatures. I'm especially interested in tracking the temperature in the passthru where all my equipment is located. Matching this up with the battery temperature should be informative as to whether I need to add more ventilation. (At this point the hypothesis is I need more cool air flow. Hopefully the data will show if this is true or false.)

Only disappointment is the RUUVI in the refrigerator won't stay connected to the CCGX. It doesn't even show up below. On the VRM portal it's displayed but the temp is wrong (since it is not updating). I think the material in the Haier coupled with the distance to the CCGX's bluetooth dongle (I have the TP-Link model) is too much for the bluetooth connection to overcome. Oh well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-10 090050.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	131799

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-10 090841.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	131800
          How do you get the temps to show up on the Touch GX??
          Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Originally posted by acoleman43 View Post

How do you get the temps to show up on the Touch GX??
            The Guimods mod allows you to have great data on the Home Screen. There’s info about it up thread.

Neil Citro

Comment

Working...
            X