21 GD Transcend Xplor 260RB Bedroom TV Mounting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 21 GD Transcend Xplor 260RB Bedroom TV Mounting

I recently purchased the 260RB and am trying to mount a TV in the bedroom. The TV Backer Location sticker is on the exterior wall, but no matter how strong a magnet I try, I cannot seem to locate the backer plate. I've tried up to a 45-lb force magnet, and no luck. Does this model possibly have a plywood baker instead? Planning to take a stud finder on my next trip to the storage place, to see if maybe I can find it that way.

Thanks!
    2021 GD Transcend Xplor 260RB
    2019 F150 Platinum 4x4, max towing package

Hi DVus723

Welcome to our owners technical forum. When you have a chance, have a look at our welcome post. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members . This will help you set up your signature and navigate the forum.

I am not familiar with the TV location in your trailer, but it is quite likely that on an exterior wall of the wood framed Transcend model the backer will be wood. You should be able to "feel" whether there is a backer. Without one, the interior surface of the wall will be less than 1/4" thick between studs and will flex under thumb pressure. Exterior walls of the Transcend have soft batt insulation rather than the rigid foam used in other models.

I would put some trust in the location of the backer label. Line up your bracket where you want it and drill a very small 1/16" or smaller pilot hole. This will tell you whether there is a backer behind there and if not, the tiny hole will be essentially invisible if the bracket has to go elsewhere.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by DVus723 View Post
      I recently purchased the 260RB and am trying to mount a TV in the bedroom. The TV Backer Location sticker is on the exterior wall, but no matter how strong a magnet I try, I cannot seem to locate the backer plate. I've tried up to a 45-lb force magnet, and no luck. Does this model possibly have a plywood baker instead? Planning to take a stud finder on my next trip to the storage place, to see if maybe I can find it that way.

Thanks!
      The Transcend is wood construction--you won't find the backer with a magnet. The answer given by the GD rep is somewhat confusing (based on the question) but see https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...tv-backer-info

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
        Hi DVus723

Welcome to our owners technical forum. When you have a chance, have a look at our welcome post. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members . This will help you set up your signature and navigate the forum.

I am not familiar with the TV location in your trailer, but it is quite likely that on an exterior wall of the wood framed Transcend model the backer will be wood. You should be able to "feel" whether there is a backer. Without one, the interior surface of the wall will be less than 1/4" thick between studs and will flex under thumb pressure. Exterior walls of the Transcend have soft batt insulation rather than the rigid foam used in other models.

I would put some trust in the location of the backer label. Line up your bracket where you want it and drill a very small 1/16" or smaller pilot hole. This will tell you whether there is a backer behind there and if not, the tiny hole will be essentially invisible if the bracket has to go elsewhere.

Rob
        Thanks, I already read the welcome note and got my signature done as you can tell from my first post... Appreciate the comments about the wood construction, I either forgot or didn't know so I've been driving myself crazy trying to figure this out before I gave up and posted. I guess the stud finder will be the answer...

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

The Transcend is wood construction--you won't find the backer with a magnet. The answer given by the GD rep is somewhat confusing (based on the question) but see https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...tv-backer-info

Howard
          Yeah, I had read several posts including that one before I posted... guess a clarification on that post of "these model lines are wood construction" might be useful...

Comment

Originally posted by DVus723 View Post

Yeah, I had read several posts including that one before I posted... guess a clarification on that post of "these model lines are wood construction" might be useful...
            I updated the entry with (hopefully) a clarification. Thanks for the note.
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I pulled the print package for your 260. The TV backer for your unit is a piece of 5/8" plywood that measures 14-7/8" wide and 22-3/4" tall. It is mounted directly over the window on the driver's side of your trailer. Here's a snap of the location.

Click image for larger version

Name:	260 TV .jpg
Views:	319
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	90340

Jim
              Jim and Ginnie
              2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
              GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
              GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
                I pulled the print package for your 260. The TV backer for your unit is a piece of 5/8" plywood that measures 14-7/8" wide and 22-3/4" tall. It is mounted directly over the window on the driver's side of your trailer. Here's a snap of the location.

Click image for larger version

Name:	260 TV .jpg
Views:	319
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	90340

Jim
                Thanks Jim. appreciate you pulling that info.

I actually did the install earlier today and used a stud finder to locate the backer. Odd thing is, it appears to be 18” wide and covers the full height from the top of the valance over the window all the way to the ceiling. Not sure if the width also includes the studs but it may.

Luckily the mount I used needed to be right in the middle so I had a large margin of error.

Thanks to everyone for the help and input.

Comment

Working...
                X