Scare Light Fuse Blowing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scare Light Fuse Blowing

We have 2019 momentum 350g. The rear scare light started to blow 15 ampersand been trying to troubleshoot there are two wires on the neutral side of the switch the purple wire seems to be the culprit when I remove the purple wire it's all good. Trying to figure out what this wire does without having to take apart the ceiling. This wiring is the way it came from the factory. Can't seem to find a electrical schematic for momentum 350g. Don't really know who I can recipient this to, but I would like to put it out there incase someone is else has this problem.

Why would someone delete my post??? Just trying to get some input from this forum. We'll I guess that explains why I never bother

Comment

Lazydaze Your post was not deleted, Howard moved it to its own thread since it was not related to the reverse light post you replied to. He left a link in that thread to your new post in case anyone went looking for it. There is a welcome letter to new members, I will link it below. It covers how to use the forum as well as some common curtesy's such as starting a new post for new topics.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...welcome-letter
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by Lazydaze View Post
        We have 2019 momentum 350g. The rear scare light started to blow 15 ampersand been trying to troubleshoot there are two wires on the neutral side of the switch the purple wire seems to be the culprit when I remove the purple wire it's all good. Trying to figure out what this wire does without having to take apart the ceiling. This wiring is the way it came from the factory. Can't seem to find a electrical schematic for momentum 350g. Don't really know who I can recipient this to, but I would like to put it out there incase someone is else has this problem.
        Well the good news is you traced it to the purple wire. Are you talking sconce lightning on the walls? All lightning is 12v so they don't have neutral wires - only in 120V circuits. if they are white they are negative return wires. The purple wire is positive 12V.

A few pictures would help. All I can say is to pull each light off the wall and look for that purple wire and test it. I am assuming you have a multi meter. GD also daisy chains lighting in rooms. so it might be apart of the ceiling lights too.

Good luck

Keith
        Last edited by Yoda; 06-19-2023, 04:55 PM.
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

When my scare light quit working I found that it was full of water. I'll bet you already checked that....
          2017 Momentum 376, 2019 Ford F450
          2022 Triumph Scrambler Motorcycle
          E-bikes, Hobi Pedal Kayaks
          Kota the dog and KC the Kitty Cat

Comment

Lazydaze

The only thing that I can see from the drawings that I have access to is the purple wire is on fuse F5 in the fuse panel, it also states bed/bath. The electrical drawings from GD are less than stellar so asking GD for one may not get you what you need. Also looking at the drawings you might want to check the ceiling lights just inside the rear door, if that is the light on the outside that you are referring to. There you may find the purple wire. Sorry that is the best that I can find.

Have you checked for anything else that does not work when the fuse blows?

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Lazydaze View Post
              Why would someone delete my post??? Just trying to get some input from this forum. We'll I guess that explains why I never bother
              As Neil explained, I was trying to help by highlighting the issue in it's own thread. Sorry for the miscommunication. As (again) Neil mentioned, please give the Welcome Letter a read and (hopefully) my intent will be understood.

Your input is more than welcome on the forum.

Howard
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
              2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Lazydaze I can understand your frustration. Howard and the other moderators do their best with trying to no only help with problem solutions, but sometimes doing things such as kicking a post out into it's own thread to help ensure it gets the attention needed for a timely solution. I've seen several times where a problem gets buried in someone else's thread and just gets overlooked.
                Joseph
                Tow
                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                X