X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StephenO View Post
    ...they also make A/C line splitters.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/kle...10x/1001012659
    Dang--count me in as another victim (of buying another tool). Gotta get me one of these!
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I have the https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 instead. For small amp draws it has a 10X multiplier, plus it has a spot for your test leads to test voltage.

Note the one posted from Home Depot Canada website is the 10X model so all of your amp readings will be multiplied by 10.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

TucsonJim -- got the Klein Line Splitter 10X today so had to give it a test run. I compared it with a Kill-A-Watt and also ran my inverter (no shore power) and recorded the amperage drawn from the batteries.

Each test lasted about 10 seconds. With the clamp meter (a Fluke) and Klein splitter a test was also ran with the meter set on "MAX" (so it would record any spikes). No difference or significant spike to report.

Note the microwave is a Furrion FMCM15-BL.

The results were remarkably similar. Don't know if this is any help but maybe interesting?

Kill-A-Watt (on shore power)

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	114
Size:	441.8 KB
ID:	117223

Fluke 325 w/Klein Line Splitter x10 (divide meter reading by 10!)

Views:	80
Size:	716.7 KB
ID:	117224

No Shore Power, Inverter Running on Batteries Only

Views:	78
Size:	585.0 KB
ID:	117225

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
        X