Running Light Wiring and Haloview Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Light Wiring and Haloview Camera

I have a Momentum 399TH and am wiring a Haloview camera with triggers. I pulled the running lights on the front cap and I have 3 wires. One pair is Green/White (12v Hot), White (Negative) and a Red Wire (12v Hot). I am very confused. Anyone have any ideas. I have included a photo of the right side.
    Attached Files

Happyhourhome2015

Do you have a picture of the light attached to these wires before removal?

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I thought I had a picture but I don't. I actually changed them last year and they work when they want to. Just trying to figure it out.

Comment

The green and white is typically ground. The white is normally running light +12V. But I have no idea what the red wire is for???

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
          The green and white is typically ground. The white is normally running light +12V. But I have no idea what the red wire is for???

Jim
          Jim - Could you have that reversed, White with the green stripe or any stripe color should be positive. Plain white is negative return. The red wire should have a connection somewhere and would be a hot line. Maybe it runs over to the cap light or light over the hitch..
          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

I disconnected the red wire from both sides of the cap and nothing changed anywhere, except my cameras work like a charm. If I ever figure it out, I will post it. It has been very interesting.

Comment

Perhaps the red is a power wire controlled via a switch ??

Originally posted by Happyhourhome2015 View Post
              I disconnected the red wire from both sides of the cap and nothing changed anywhere, except my cameras work like a charm. If I ever figure it out, I will post it. It has been very interesting.
              2022 GD 2970RL (Built Dec 2021, Deliver March 2022)
              2019 F350 Platinum, Shorter bed, Diesel, SRW, 3.55 rear
              2017 GD 2600rb (Private sale May 2022)
              2016 F150 Platinum (traded in for F350 fall 2019)

Comment

Working...
              X