Circuit Breaker Labeling - Suggest all Owners Inspect Their Units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circuit Breaker Labeling - Suggest all Owners Inspect Their Units

Over the last couple of days, we've been trying to help an owner identify why their outlets weren't working in part of the RV. You can read the thread here:

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ets-and-lights

The owner had shut off the wrong circuit breaker because the breakers and label did not align correctly. I'm attaching a photo at the bottom of this post.

This is a common issue on some of these breaker panels. I'd suggest that all owners inspect their panels for breaker/label alignment before you need to turn off a breaker or work on a circuit. In addition, I'd suggest you relabel the breaker panel if you find it confusing or inaccurate.

As always, if you're going to work on an electrical circuit, make sure you test to verify the circuit is de-energized before you begin. Even better, before working on a circuit, disconnect from all potential power sources. And then test to verify.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Panel.jpg Views:	0 Size:	157.6 KB ID:	125566

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

TucsonJim Good heads up Jim. Mine are misaligned by much more than those in the picture. I simply have to count to be sure.
    Ottertail, Minnesota
    2022 Imagine 2500RL VIN 573TE3029N6637046
    2022 Ford F-150 Lariat, SuperCrew, long box, max tow

Comment

Mine were lined up if i remember right, just the microwave and refrigerator mixed up.
      Good post Jim. Knowing what breaker does what is valuable knowledge when troubleshooting. And mixed up breakers can certainly confuse troubleshooting efforts.
      2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
      2021 303RLS
      Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

My main was labeled right.
        2023 Imagine XLS 23LDE, 2022 Ford F-150 Super Crew Cab STX, Curt TruTrac hitch, Curt TriFlex brake controller, AMTIFO rear view camera, Tymate TPMS.

Comment

Working...
        X