wires for dc/dc battery charger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wires for dc/dc battery charger

I have a 60A DC/DC battery charger which requires wires from the pickup to the battery bay in the 5th wheel. Question is how do you get the wiring from the hitch to the battery bay? AND make it look nice in the 5th wheel?

You can fish from the pinbox back to the front storage bay fairly easily if you have a fiberglass fish rod. There’s insulation in there so it may take a few tries but I’ve done it a few times now. If you’ve got a north south bed, I’ve drilled up from the pinbox into the area under the bed, run them back and then drilled down into the front storage bay as well.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by mark60509 View Post
      I have a 60A DC/DC battery charger which requires wires from the pickup to the battery bay in the 5th wheel. Question is how do you get the wiring from the hitch to the battery bay? AND make it look nice in the 5th wheel?
      This very long thread may help https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...harger-project Start with post 208 (page 14) unless you have not done your truck wiring.

First remove the two field screws either side of the pin box. This allows the covering to sage a bit. You may need to remove the front bay door retention latch if it is attached to something other then the covering. Then insert a 3 or 4' flat bar 1/8" by 1" (available at HD) from the side of the pin box to the front bay or where you have room to insert. It. I ent to the passenger side as the drivers side has the OEM cable running there to the trailer.. The insulation as mentioned by Neil will be a pain - just go slow.

Now this is the truck, once the bar is through rotate the flat bar to a vertical position. You should then be able to run your wires with little issue. Once the wires are run, remove the flat bar. I was lucky to find a hole in my pin box large enough to feed the wires into the center so I could run it with the 7-pin cable. Once the wires are in re-install the field screws.

Keith
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
      X