Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can OEM charger get lithium battery to 100%?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IDRVr View Post

You don’t need to double it if you are using the RV chassis as the return (negative) side of the loop. You just need to account for the actual length of the wire conductor in the loop, including the length of conductor between the negative connections of the battery and converter/charger to the chassis. It won’t hurt to double it, you’ll just be overbuilt.
    Oh boy, I wasn't taking that into account. I definitely need to do some exploratory surgery and better map things out.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Ram 1500 CC SB Equalizer WDH
    1430 payload, 11,300lb max tow

Comment

Originally posted by GD1 View Post

Oh boy, I wasn't taking that into account. I definitely need to do some exploratory surgery and better map things out.
      In general GD does not use the frame as the return negative path way. . I have found only three connections for the 12v to the frame. One below the distribution panel and one up on the king pin and the last in my front bay below the master power bar. Even in those cases they run all of the negative returns (plain whits wires) to a large wire nut or junction bar and then a single white wire to the frame. From every 12V connection they home run a negative wire back to near the originating power source. An example is all the exterior light wiring. Everything starts at the pin box, goes out to the lights and then they run a negative return white wire back (thus double the distance). Whats also nice is the use the same colored positive wire from the source to the light. This makes tracing fairly convenient

Hope this helps
      Keith

IDRVr
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Well with the exterior lighting and cabinet lighting etc, you need to run a -ve as well because there is no frame there to connect to
        2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
        2021 303RLS
        Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Working...
        X