Failing bedroom ceiling lights in 2020 Solitude 310GK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ncitro View Post
    No problem glad I could help. Follow up with us once you get the parts in.
    Will do!!!
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
    2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

No word from Grand Design after two emails and a week of waiting with no ceiling lights so, I could use some help!

I removed the defective light switch but I'm having trouble finding a replacement. Way too many labels on this switch. For example, is this a T105/55 or T85/55???? Can somebody point me to a link (Amazon would be easiest for me) for the switch I need based on these photos of the failed switch?

Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	switch 1.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	21303

Name:	switch 2.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	21304
      Brian & Kellie
      2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
      2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
      2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
      2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

Originally posted by bertschb View Post
        No word from Grand Design after two emails and a week of waiting with no ceiling lights so, I could use some help!

I removed the defective light switch but I'm having trouble finding a replacement. Way too many labels on this switch. For example, is this a T105/55 or T85/55???? Can somebody point me to a link (Amazon would be easiest for me) for the switch I need based on these photos of the failed switch?

Thanks!

Name:	switch 1.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	21303

Name:	switch 2.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	21304
        I would think RS601 would be the part number, but I get nothing when googling it. I assume its a vendor sells OEM and that does not serve internet viewers. Did you try the GD parts email? I am surprised you did not get someone when you called, they are usually pretty good at answering the phone.

howson ?
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

I searched for RS601 but got a gazillion hits with many different looking switches (2 pole, 3 pole, 4 pole, etc). I did a parts lookup on the Grand Design website but couldn't find the switch - just the entire panel. I didn't call - I used the service request from their website and when nobody replied, I replied to an email I got for the original failed lights. BTW, that email was from a Grand Design employee who asked me where to mail replacement lights. She asked me where to mail the lights two weeks ago. Still haven't seen the lights and no reply to my question about this failed switch. This isn't what I'm used to for support from Grand Design.
          Brian & Kellie

Previous setups:

Comment

I searched for RS601 but got a gazillion hits with many different looking switches (2 pole, 3 pole, 4 pole, etc). I did a parts lookup on the Grand Design website but couldn't find the switch - just the entire panel. I didn't call - I used the service request from their website and when nobody replied, I replied to an email I got for the original failed lights. BTW, that email was from a Grand Design employee who asked me where to mail replacement lights. She asked me where to mail the lights two weeks ago. Still haven't seen the lights and no reply to my question about this failed switch. This isn't what I'm used to for support from Grand Design.
            Thats not my experience either. Hopefully one of the mods can jump in. I could recommend a switch for you (found a couple that are probably close on an electronics site I use) but you want it to match the others, and the hole size needs to be the same.
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro

Comment

GDRV-Megan Tagging Megan on this . . . we need to figure out why Brian bertschb can't get a response from Customer Service on this problem with his 2020 Solitude.

Rob
              Cate & Rob
              (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thanks!

Click image for larger version  Name:	switch 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	80.3 KB ID:	21303

Click image for larger version  Name:	switch 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.9 KB ID:	21304
                I believe I have two of those switches in a parts box. I've changed out the main cabin and awning lights to dimmers. The original switches had to be removed and I'm pretty sure I tossed them into parts. If memory is correct, one is a blue lit switch (main cabin in Imagine), the other red (awning). Either should be replacements for what you need. If you don't get a response from GD, let me know and I'll ship one to you.
                2020 F-250 Lariat 2WD SuperCrew 6.7L, Blue Ox SwayPro hitch w/ 1000lb bars
                2020 Imagine 2600RD w/ Road Armor + wet bolt suspension, Yakima Longhaul Bike Rack, MicroAir EasyStart 364 for AC, Lion Energy 105 amp Lithiium Ion X2
                Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ
                FMCA # 489460

Comment

bertschb, Looks like Rob took care of tagging Megan for you--I was out riding the motorcycle today. Something other than work on an RV! <gasp>

For the switch, the only info I can find is it's made by Salecom, a Taiwanese company. CQC is the short version of their name. None of the other part numbers match anything, though.

What I recommend is calling onlinecomponents.com and send them this picture, asking for an exact replacement. You may need to provide details on the length, width, and height of the switch. I've dealt with onlinecomponents.com in the past and they've been great with recommendations.

Howard

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
                    bertschb, Looks like Rob took care of tagging Megan for you--I was out riding the motorcycle today. Something other than work on an RV! <gasp>

For the switch, the only info I can find is it's made by Salecom, a Taiwanese company. CQC is the short version of their name. None of the other part numbers match anything, though.

What I recommend is calling onlinecomponents.com and send them this picture, asking for an exact replacement. You may need to provide details on the length, width, and height of the switch. I've dealt with onlinecomponents.com in the past and they've been great with recommendations.

Howard
                    Thanks Howard and Rob, I had to pick someone and I figured Howard would be right on it.

Neil Citro

Comment

Thanks!
                      I think someone said this Dorman switch fits, I forget where I saw that.
                      https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-HELP-8.../dp/B000COD1FK
                      Gene and Kim
                      2015 Grand Design Reflection 317RST
                      2017 RAM 3500 CC, LB, 4x2, 6.7L CTD

Comment

The OEM switch says:
                        6A 250VAC
                        6(8)A 250VAC
                        8A/128A 250VAC
                        6(4)A 250VAC

The other side of the OEM switch says something like...
                        66PA 250VAC
                        106PA 125VAC

I assumed I would see 12v somewhere but nope.

I found this one on Amazon that LOOKS like the OEM switch but the five lines of numbers stamped on it are different. I'm hoping an electrician can jump in here and decipher all the figures so I can tell what switch will match. Either that - or maybe Grand Design can replace my failed switch! Pretty small item but it runs all the ceiling lights. I'm all for soft lighting but my wife isn't too happy about it at this point.

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 5.36.29 PM.png
Views:	449
Size:	368.0 KB
ID:	21340
                        Attached Files
                        Brian & Kellie

Previous setups:

Comment

The OEM switch says:
                          6A 250VAC
                          6(8)A 250VAC
                          8A/128A 250VAC
                          6(4)A 250VAC

66PA 250VAC
                          106PA 125VAC

I found this one on Amazon that LOOKS like the OEM switch but the five lines of numbers stamped on it are different. I'm hoping an electrician can jump in here and decipher all the figures so I can tell what switch will match. Either that - or maybe Grand Design can replace my failed switch! Pretty small item but it runs all the ceiling lights. I'm all for soft lighting but my wife isn't too happy about it at this point.

That one is 20A at 12V, that should be plenty assuming it fits in the hole.

Neil Citro

Comment

The OEM switch says:
                            6A 250VAC
                            6(8)A 250VAC
                            8A/128A 250VAC
                            6(4)A 250VAC

66PA 250VAC
                            106PA 125VAC

I'm not an electrician as you know, Brian, but if that's the right physical size it will work fine.

Here's why. The X(Y)A ###VAC format is a European Rating, distinguishing between resistive and inductive loads. (I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night--I'm reading https://www.carlingtech.com/amp-hp-volts).

In addition, the website says if DC is not listed then use the "DC Rule of Thumb" which is the maximum amperage on the switch will work up to 30VDC. Your circuit is 12V and the amperage load will be way below the maximum amperage since we're talking about an LED light circuit.

Give the website a read and I think you'll be able to decide for yourself that the switch is indeed a suitable sub.

Howard

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I'd thought that the convenience center miniature rocker switches fit in a cutout of about .75" x .5".
                              Fuses in the panel are 15A for most of the 12V wiring, a switch rated 15A @ 12V seems OK.

Another Minature Rocker Illuminated:
                              JR Products 12765 https://jrproducts.net/product/12765/
                              Pinout, Rating: https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Multi...-p/19-1880.htm
                              Amazon - Item B002UC2T1Y

https://www.sigmaswitches.com/PDFs/p...Illum.SPST.pdf

https://www.mouser.com/blog/which-sw...f-its-ac-or-dc
                              Last edited by gbkims; 06-15-2020, 06:18 PM.
                              Gene and Kim
                              2015 Grand Design Reflection 317RST
                              2017 RAM 3500 CC, LB, 4x2, 6.7L CTD

Comment

Your VIN Is not in your profile, so I'm not able to pull this information up. If you send me your VIN and the email that you used to send your request in, I can look into this for you. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X