Adding an Inverter to a 2021 Grand Design 21 BHE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding an Inverter to a 2021 Grand Design 21 BHE

Has anyone added an Inverter to there unit? If so how did you go about doing so? Where would I find the diagram for the wiring? Looking to be able to plug small items in while running on battery power.

Lots to learn in this area. The Solar / Electrical sections search features are great reads. Most folks will tell you to work backwards and this is the hardest part. Determine your needs as far as electrical loads needing supported from the inverter then work your way into a budget with components. The energy storage (batteries) is 70% or more of the cost. 1,000, 2,000 or 3,000 wattage Sine inverter will most likely be what you land on. Getting the 120VAC electricity coming out of the inverter to the outlets you want functional can be hard wired into the AC panel or perhaps install standalone. Cost consideration become reality quickly. Good Luck.
    Gary F
    2020 Solitude 375RES-R
    2019 Ford Super Duty diesel Dually

Comment

Can you provide details on what you're trying to power? Is it simply something like some phone chargers or very low powered devices? Is it a television? Coffee pot?, etc? As Fowlergk mentions, your load requirements will dictated what size inverter you'll need along with the batteries, wiring, fuses, etc.

Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Looking to be able to charge devices ( cell, IPad, run a TV and a small portable smoker/grill

Comment

Originally posted by Pettya View Post
          Looking to be able to charge devices ( cell, IPad, run a TV and a small portable smoker/grill
          If you look at the smoker/grill, there should be a placard somewhere that states how many amps or watts it draws. It might also be in the smoker's owner's manual. With that info, we can help you to determine what you need for an inverter.
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I am working on the same thing. I think I have my sizing down...but lots of help received here and other sources. Here is my active post detailing the planning and will detail the install.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...-and-questions

At the front of that post Howson and others have helped a bunch. I am getting ready to modify my plan / wiring diagram and upload in the near future if you would like to read / subscribe.
            2020 Imagine 2400BH
            2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

Working...
            X