Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Solitude 2930RL-R: Easy Install of Upgrades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Solitude 2930RL-R: Easy Install of Upgrades?

We plan to purchase a 2021 Solitude 2930rl-R
    After reading a bunch of forum posts - our intention is to immediately install 2 Battleborn Lithium batteries - as well as Progressive Dynamics PD9160ALV converter, 4 AWG cable, & Victron battery monitor. Just wondering if the 2930 S series is an easy install for what we have spec'd out. AC plug available? Don't have the RV yet, so can't open it up and look at what's behind the false wall. Not adding solar - just want a better battery bank.
    Thanks!
    Ed & Cindy, pups: Daisy and Penny
    2020 Ford F-450 Lariat CCLB Diesel
    2020 Solitude 2930rl-R
    Previously 2019 Reflection 260RD

Originally posted by TS_Breezes View Post
    We plan to purchase a 2021 Solitude 2930rl-R
    After reading a bunch of forum posts - our intention is to immediately install 2 Battleborn Lithium batteries - as well as Progressive Dynamics PD9160ALV converter, 4 AWG cable, & Victron battery monitor. Just wondering if the 2930 S series is an easy install for what we have spec'd out. AC plug available? Don't have the RV yet, so can't open it up and look at what's behind the false wall. Not adding solar - just want a better battery bank.
    Thanks!
    I created a new thread out of your post so it doesn't get lost in the other conversation.

Congrats on the upcoming new rig!

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Ed, when you install the Progressive Industries 9160 lithium converter, are you planning on swapping out the converter for the WFCO model it will come installed with? Or will you just be disconnecting the WFCO?

Although I haven't seen the exact layout of that model, all the GDRV models I've looked at in the last six years have the factory converter installed to the rear of the basement storage area. It is behind an easily removable wall. And normally, it is wired to it's own circuit breaker in the main panel. I'd recommend a direct swap of the converters so you can switch it off from that one breaker without affecting other circuits.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thanks Jim - Yes will remove the WFCO converter. Wondering if the WFCO is plugged into a power strip in that compartment? Then it can be easily unplugged and the Progressive Industries put in...
        Ed & Cindy, pups: Daisy and Penny
        2020 Ford F-450 Lariat CCLB Diesel
        2020 Solitude 2930rl-R
        Previously 2019 Reflection 260RD

Comment

Originally posted by TS_Breezes View Post
          Wondering if the WFCO is plugged into a power strip in that compartment? Then it can be easily unplugged and the Progressive Industries put in...
          I can't speak to the 2930RL-R but in my 2020 Solitude 310GK-R, the WFCO converter was plugged into the back of the main electrical panel. Once you get access to it, you just unplug the WFCO and plug in the new Progressive Dynamics PD9160ALV. Very simple upgrade. I also replaced all the wiring in the battery compartment, added a true battery cutoff switch and a Victron BMV-712 battery monitor. It's all easy work if you have the right tools.

Brian & Kellie
          2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
          2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
          2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
          2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

Working...
          X