Help choosing inverter/charger for GD Imagine 2670MK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help choosing inverter/charger for GD Imagine 2670MK

I have a 2019 Imagine 2670MK and want to install an inverter and charger. I purchased a Battleborn lithium 100Ah battery and my father gifted me a second one. I would like the ability to run 2 CPAP machines while boondocking hence the need for an inverter. I also want to be able to charge the 2 lithium batteries to full and the converter it comes with won't do that. I've done some research and know the Victron multiplus 2000 would probably handle the job but the cost is prohibitive. I need advice on how to do it cheaper, I'd rather not shell out $1100 on the Victron. My Imagine is a 50A rig (with 2 50A arms off the shore power input). What do I need to buy to meet my CPAP needs as well as running the coffee pot in the morning? Each CPAP requires 6.67 A per hour, I could probably drop that down a bit if I turned off the hose heating, but even so the 200Ah lithium's should last 8 hrs and then some. I have a 230W suitcase Zamp solar panel to help recharge during the day as well as a 3500W generator is the weather is bad. I know the Furrion solar port limits my charging and would like to install a port directly to the batteries since the solar panel has a charge controller that can be set for lithium batteries. What all would I need? Is there an inexpensive inverter/charger combo I can get or should I get them separate? If I DO get a separate inverter and charger what else do I need? I"m hoping one of you Gurus can help me out.

Originally posted by JayReesh View Post
    I have a 2019 Imagine 2670MK and want to install an inverter and charger. I purchased a Battleborn lithium 100Ah battery and my father gifted me a second one. I would like the ability to run 2 CPAP machines while boondocking hence the need for an inverter. I also want to be able to charge the 2 lithium batteries to full and the converter it comes with won't do that. I've done some research and know the Victron multiplus 2000 would probably handle the job but the cost is prohibitive. I need advice on how to do it cheaper, I'd rather not shell out $1100 on the Victron. My Imagine is a 50A rig (with 2 50A arms off the shore power input). What do I need to buy to meet my CPAP needs as well as running the coffee pot in the morning? Each CPAP requires 6.67 A per hour, I could probably drop that down a bit if I turned off the hose heating, but even so the 200Ah lithium's should last 8 hrs and then some. I have a 230W suitcase Zamp solar panel to help recharge during the day as well as a 3500W generator is the weather is bad. I know the Furrion solar port limits my charging and would like to install a port directly to the batteries since the solar panel has a charge controller that can be set for lithium batteries. What all would I need? Is there an inexpensive inverter/charger combo I can get or should I get them separate? If I DO get a separate inverter and charger what else do I need? I"m hoping one of you Gurus can help me out.
    These recent threads may be of interest (welcome to the forum!):

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...-inverter-size

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...erter-chargers

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...verter-wattage

tmrgn99 and Guest are just two Imagine owners who have gone this path. I'm sure they'll be along soon with an input.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Hi Jay.

Do you have any problems with installing separate chargers and inverters, or do you specifically prefer to have a combined unit? I was able to purchase a 2000W pure sine inverter and lithium dedicated conveter for approximately $650.

I'm assuming the 6.67 amps per hour is at 120 VAC, or is it at 12 VDC? Remember, if an item draws 5 amps at 120 volts, it draws roughly 50 amps per hour from the battery through an inverter. Two 6.67 amp CPAPS would draw approximately 130 amps from your batteries per hour if they are run through an inverter.

Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
        Hi Jay.

Do you have any problems with installing separate chargers and inverters, or do you specifically prefer to have a combined unit? I was able to purchase a 2000W pure sine inverter and lithium dedicated conveter for approximately $650.

I'm assuming the 6.67 amps per hour is at 120 VAC, or is it at 12 VDC? Remember, if an item draws 5 amps at 120 volts, it draws roughly 50 amps per hour from the battery through an inverter. Two 6.67 amp CPAPS would draw approximately 130 amps from your batteries per hour if they are run through an inverter.
        I don't have a problem installing them separately, but how do you keep your inverter from tying to charge your batteries when off of shore power and draining them? I'm looking to get a good system as cheaply as I can, but want to make sure it's idiot proof (cuz I can be an idiot at times).

What inverter and charger did you get that cost you $650?

Comment

Originally posted by JayReesh View Post

I don't have a problem installing them separately, but how do you keep your inverter from tying to charge your batteries when off of shore power and draining them? I'm looking to get a good system as cheaply as I can, but want to make sure it's idiot proof (cuz I can be an idiot at times).

What inverter and charger did you get that cost you $650?
          Check out this thread (by Jim): https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ique-solutions
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
          2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks, that was a helpful read.

Comment

Working...
            X