2016 Reflection 27RL - Pulled Trailer Plug from Junction Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TucsonJim

After looking at my trailers' rat nest of wiring while digging into my 7 way pin box, then looking at this thread, I have gone from wanting to vomit to looking forward to crawling back under and giving it a go...Out I go!

Thanks!!!
    Erik
    Erik & Tea
    2021 Reflection 297RSTS
    2005 Ford Excursion 6L diesel
    ProPride hitch

Comment

Originally posted by Popga View Post
      TucsonJim

After looking at my trailers' rat nest of wiring while digging into my 7 way pin box, then looking at this thread, I have gone from wanting to vomit to looking forward to crawling back under and giving it a go...Out I go!

Thanks!!!
      Erik
      Good deal Erik. And shout out if you run into any problems. I'm rebuilding my suspension right now, but I'll check the forum from time to time.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
        In this photograph, you can see where I rewired my 7-way connector at the trailer. This should be very helpful in putting things back together. The wires at the top lead out to the 7-way connector. The wires on the bottom run to the trailer.

Blue to Blue
        Brown to Brown
        Green to Green
        Red to Red
        Yellow - Not used
        Black to white with blue stripe
        White to white (multiple).

If you want to change your junction box and 7-way cord for the version I'm using below, here's the Amazon link:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Click image for larger version  Name:	New Connector.jpg Views:	577 Size:	152.0 KB ID:	24336

Jim
        A tip on the Mictuning box...

I just finished re-installing the box after stripping one of the posts. I was almost fully installed, tightening the last nut on a post. But, it just wouldn't snug up. The bolt was stripped. Easy fix was pull all the wires, pop the bracket with post screws out of the box, and replace all 7 screws, washers and nuts with HIGH QUALITY 5mm x 20mm SS hex head machine screws. The old ones slide right out and new ones fit perfectly. The trick is doing it before you install it! May have been my fault, but now I know I can put a proper torque on the nuts.
        Pulling the bracket was easy. It is held in place with 4 small tabs. Just gently pry the tabs away with a small screw driver and pul it free. When finished, it snaps right back in place. I did add a bit of grease to help it slip back into place with no damage.
        Wish companies would just charge an extra buck and use quality screws. (even GD).

Erik
        Erik & Tea
        2021 Reflection 297RSTS
        ProPride hitch

Comment

Popga Eric, I agree charge me a few extra bucks and make it right the first time.

How much wire did you have laying on the ground when you got finished. I was amazed at the mess. I think I had a small handful of scraps when I got finished, more than I anticipated.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Jlawles2

Ha! So true! I laid out my go to Harbor Freight furniture blankets on the ground while doing wiring. It seems covered with wire pieces. I finally got a small tub to toss wires into to help know what was junk and what I had inadvertently dropped. So much cleaner now. I highly endorse the process. Plus you learn so much about your system while doing it...
            Will be tossing blankets after job. Too many small copper wires to clean up.

Erik
            Erik & Tea
            2021 Reflection 297RSTS
            ProPride hitch

Comment

Working...
            X