Converting an Imagine 2600RB to Lithium Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carol G. View Post
    Why not place the batteries in the storage area under bed? Is there danger in that. I cannot find anything that addresses this issue.
    Hello, Carol. I noted that was your first post so please check out the Welcome Letter to New Members https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Regarding your question--IMO there isn't an issue with Battle Born or similar LifePO4 batteries being placed under the bed. These types of batteries do not emit any gas, can be installed on their sides, etc. Other battery compositions (specifically the "wet cell" type that the dealer installs) must be vented as they can emit dangerous gases. I definitely wouldn't install wet cell batteries in the camper!

For a question of this importance you may want to contact the OEM directly (in this case Battle Born) at (855) 292-2831 or email info@battlebornbatteries.com

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Carol G. View Post
      Why not place the batteries in the storage area under bed? Is there danger in that. I cannot find anything that addresses this issue.
      Its personal preference IMO. You can put them (lithium only) anywhere inside the rig as long as the batteries and surrounding cabling is protected from other storage items. The batteries should also not be located near heat sources for obvious reasons. A smoke detector placed in the area of the battery is always a good idea.
      In fact if your planning on camping in very cold climates, the under-bed storage would be best. I've always stated, "Lithium batteries prefer temperatures we ourselves find comfortable". Being warmed by the surroundings in the rig with heat on would keep them stable where the energy draining electric blankets would not be needed. I use a battery temperature probe to know where I am with my battery conditions.

I also want to add there are many good battery brands out there.

Jim
      Last edited by Guest; 01-26-2021, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Something extremely important for those replacing or adding a converter charger. When installing cabling into the charger be sure to use a ferrule. Do not pre-crimp the ferrule on the heavy cable into the charger, but instead place it on the cabling and use the screw in the converter to dimple in the ferrule. This will ensure 100% that the cable will not pull out off the charger.

Here is a great video that illustrates how to do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMFFzpzKhFg

Jim

Comment

Working...
        X