Amperage load and wiring gauge for the fan circuit in a 2500RL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amperage load and wiring gauge for the fan circuit in a 2500RL

Would some knowledgeable soul please provide the amperage load and wiring gauge for the 2500RL fan circuitry? Are the fans wired individually, or do they connect to the same wire? Thanks, in advance, for the help!
    David & Catherine
    2019 Ford F-150 3.5L EcoBoost, Equalizer 4-Point Hitch
    2022 Imagine 2500RL

According to page 85 of the Imagine Owner's manual (5/2019), the Fantastic fan draws 1.5 amps. You can find the latest owner's manual here:

https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...owners-manuals

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

For what it is worth, most of the primary wiring appears to be 14 gauge - good for 15 amp overall load depending on the run length. Somewhere here or the other place was a chart posted on wire gauge and load depending on length of run. While I have not done this yet you might want to turn things on and then flip breakers to see what was wired with what. When I was trying to find power for my CPAP I found the bath lights and fan were wired to all the bedroom lights. I had pulled a bedside light out and found it was wired to the 14 gauge primary with what I think was 22 gauge wire which was fine for the light.

Hope this helps
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DC Wiring.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	8903 Here's what I found on offroader.com
        http://www.offroaders.com/technical/...gauge-to-amps/
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X