Outside accent LED delaminating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outside accent LED delaminating

Hey gang new owner here love the site, we have purchased a 20 2025G I will send a pic it appears that the outside LED accent lighting on the nose is delaminating both sides I feel like the circuitry is now expose may cause an issue give me your thoughts
    2020 Momentum 25G
    2017 F250 gasser
    Jimmy Virginia Beach ,Va.

Originally posted by Gibsonguy View Post
    Hey gang new owner here love the site, we have purchased a 20 2025G I will send a pic it appears that the outside LED accent lighting on the nose is delaminating both sides I feel like the circuitry is now expose may cause an issue give me your thoughts
    Same thing happened on my '19 315RLTS. The lighting never stopped working, but the Florida sun ate the coating over the LEDs. While at the factory for other mx GD replaced them (without me even asking). I'm applying 303 Protectant to the coating now after every wash of the front cap to try and keep the LED coating intact.

I think the only "fix" is replacement once it starts to peel is replacement. If you're still under warranty you can have your dealer do this or if you're a DIY type give GD Customer Service a call. They might ship you a new set of lights.

Finally, since this was your first post please check out the Welcome Letter to New Members https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members when you get a chance.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

If you're out of warranty and want to fix this yourself, the repair is pretty straight forward.

1. Peel and scrape off the old lights and adhesive, but don't cut the wires yet.
      2. Purchase replacement LED lighting. I'm attaching a link to a potential source for you. Make sure the lighting is adhesive backed, cuttable, and operates on 12V There are a lot of colors available if you want to change it up.
      https://www.amazon.com/Water-Resista...-9&tag=mh0b-20
      3. Cut and splice the wires ONE AT A TIME. If you cut both wires you run the risk of the supply wire falling back into the hole on the RV.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Update on led’s
        called GD no questions asked except for Vin number I’m expecting a new set any day😊
        2020 Momentum 25G
        2017 F250 gasser

Comment

Thank you howson and tucsonjim for your help.
          2020 Momentum 25G
          2017 F250 gasser

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsonguy View Post
            Thank you howson and tucsonjim for your help.
            Please remember TucsonJim 's caution--do one wire at a time. If both are cut at the same time and the power wires fall back into the cap you're not going to be happy. (Glad to read GD is taking care of you!)

Howard
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
            X