Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dimming Lights with an LCI OneControl (GD's CompassConnect)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by howson View Post
    Jlawles2 -- as shown in the picture (post 68) it's a Unity X4. A picture of the board's connections is shown in post 66.

Toyhauler -- I salute your willingness to tackle this project. I feel compelled (again) to urge extreme caution while messing with the board and it's inputs. You won't like the price tag if there's an "oops" that requires a replacement.
    howson I totally understand your concern and I don't want the oops either. That's why I'm trying to understand everything I can with the board. Your suggestion on the Lippert online course is a great one, and I have started that. I still wish they would have put in a few switches for the circuits that you use all of the time.

I may just move the switch panel that is in the cabinet with the fireplace. I may only have to add a pigtail to a few of the wires to lengthen them (maybe a foot). That would at least give me the kitchen lights, main slides and main awning, without having to touch the panel.

Comment

Hey, reviving old thread here. I have a 2018 376th with the multi function board. It has canbus but also separate modules for everything. Is it possible to either a) replace with unity x4 or b) add in the 400 dollar dimming board through the canbus and move the lights over?
      2017 Ram 3500
      2018 Momentum 376TH
      2018 Ford Fiesta ST
      2012 Triumph Street Triple R

Comment

Originally posted by Von View Post
        Hey, reviving old thread here. I have a 2018 376th with the multi function board. It has canbus but also separate modules for everything. Is it possible to either a) replace with unity x4 or b) add in the 400 dollar dimming board through the canbus and move the lights over?
        I assume the latter question is referencing the Lighting board shown in post 64. If Lippert still sells that Lighting board (looks like they do -- see https://store.lci1.com/lippert-multi...-module-436375 ), whether it will work in your system is dependent on your system configuration. If it will work obviously you'd need the board and an additional bus cable to daisy-chain it into the bus network. They want $591 for that board--yikes!

Theoretically...converting to the X4 board should be possible, but might be quite a wiring challenge. That X4 is not cheap-- over $1,100 (see https://store.lci1.com/unity-x4-assembly-755077 ).

What I advise is calling Lippert support and ask them your questions. Have the exact model numbers of the main board and "daughter boards" in the system, along with the make/model of the display interface, written down (I'm guessing that will be their first question). Their contact info is here: https://support.lci1.com/contact

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

howson thanks! I have talked with them briefly about my generator genie not showing any engine hours. They briefly said no. No to anything that wasn't already there and the same version. I'm assuming this isn't the case, but am unsure if emailing them would yield better results vs talking over the phone?

Edit: I've read through this post and any/everything I can in regards to upgrading to a unity x4. Closest I saw was lippert installing one in a YouTuber video for a guy. I'm assuming it can be done. I mean, it can't be that different from the mfb, but I know things like the main slides in the kitchen will probably need to be direct wired to the HC section of the board abandoning the separate board in my generator area
          Last edited by Von; 02-01-2024, 06:13 PM. Reason: Clarification
          2017 Ram 3500
          2018 Momentum 376TH
          2018 Ford Fiesta ST
          2012 Triumph Street Triple R

Comment

Working...
          X