Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GFCI receptacles

2020 GD Momentum 29 G Toy Hauler
    I plugged a little ceramic heater into the GFCI receptacle by the kitchen sink. After 10-15 seconds heater went off. I thought blew a breaker. Checked breaker and not that. Checked fuse and not that. Replaced outlet and still nothing. I’ve checked power cord and surge protector. All working as normal. But there are 4 outlets that aren’t working. I used my current check and determined there is no electricity getting to GFCI or any of The others on same circuit. Where do I look next. Is there a super secret fuse I can’t find. I need help. Thanks for any advice.

When you say, "Replaced outlet...," are you referring to the GFCI receptacle? I assume you pushed the reset button on the GFCI. The one GFCI receptacle controls many other outlets in the rig.

Rob
    Rob & Laura
    U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
    2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
    (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Welcome to the forum Mal.

GFI circuits in RV's are typically a daisy chain of standard outlets controlled by one GFI outlet.

My comments are based on the typical set up. Yours may be slightly different.

1. Your 29G is equipped with 30 ampere service. Make sure your unit is plugged in to the power pedestal and that the breaker on the pedestal is "on".
      2. From the pedestal, the AC wiring runs to the breaker box. Open the breaker box and verify that all the circuit breakers are in the "on" position. In fact, I recommend turning each breaker to the "off" position then back to the "on" position.
      3. One of the 15 amp breakers will supply electrical current to a multitude of outlets. On a GFI circuit, the first outlet is a GFI outlet. You'll need to locate this outlet and verify that the outlet is not tripped. If it is, you'll need to reset it. If this one outlet is tripped, none of the other outlets down-stream from this outlet will work. The outlet will look similar to the one in the photo below:
      4. If the GFI (GFCI) outlet will not reset, you'll need to have the unit serviced.

Click image for larger version

Name:	gfci.jpg
Views:	2533
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	42841

Jim.

P.S. - I'm attaching a link to the forum welcome letter to make your forum navigation a little easier.
      https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Yes, I tried to reset GFCI. neither the reset or test button click when pushed. From why I can gather this means there is no power getting to GFCI. I reset all breakers. Checked every fuse in box. Everything works except the GFCI I plugged the heater into and the outlets connected to it. GD as well as most RV companies are known for using cheaper products when building. Could it be the 15 amp breaker.

Comment

Originally posted by MAL View Post
          Yes, I tried to reset GFCI. neither the reset or test button click when pushed. From why I can gather this means there is no power getting to GFCI. I reset all breakers. Checked every fuse in box. Everything works except the GFCI I plugged the heater into and the outlets connected to it. GD as well as most RV companies are known for using cheaper products when building. Could it be the 15 amp breaker.
          If neither the test nor reset buttons click, I'm betting on a bad GFCI outlet.

Rob
          Rob & Laura
          U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
          2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
          2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
          (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
          Full time since 08/2015

Comment

There should be no fuses on the 120 volt system. All the protection is through breakers.

Jim
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
            X