Awning lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heavysledz View Post
    Does anyone know how to connect to and program these additional inputs?
    Quick answer: you can't.

Long answer: The Imagine uses a unique pre-programmed user interface panel that only controls what is in the trailer as designed by GD.

Note in the pic below that the floorplan is printed on the back of the control panel--that's because it is pre-programmed to the 2970R and 3110BH.

Click image for larger version  Name:	GD1.JPG Views:	0 Size:	116.6 KB ID:	48559

The Unity x4 board with the OneControl Touch Panel (OCTP) in the Momentums is the only panel i know of that can be manipulated by an owner. No user-interaction or programming is possible with the Imagine's panel and the Unity x180T board.

To minimize confusion (maybe)--to my knowledge only the Imagine line has these preprogrammed control panels. Reflection has control panels like the legacy trailers and use a different strategy to control the Unity x1.5 board. Solitudes use an X1 board and the Momentums an X4. I don't believe the Transcend line uses any form of the CompassConnect system.

Who could possibly be confused?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Heavysledz -- not sure if you've seen it, but bob is currently trying to "jail break" the OneControl CANBUS using a Pi. I can't wait to see what he comes up with (and would love to play with this myself it I had a board to interface with).

Howard

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...tem-via-canbus
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Quick answer: you can't.

Long answer: The Imagine uses a unique pre-programmed user interface panel that only controls what is in the trailer as designed by GD.

Note in the pic below that the floorplan is printed on the back of the control panel--that's because it is pre-programmed to the 2970R and 3110BH.

Click image for larger version Name:	GD1.JPG Views:	0 Size:	116.6 KB ID:	48559

The Unity x4 board with the OneControl Touch Panel (OCTP) in the Momentums is the only panel i know of that can be manipulated by an owner. No user-interaction or programming is possible with the Imagine's panel and the Unity x180T board.

To minimize confusion (maybe)--to my knowledge only the Imagine line has these preprogrammed control panels. Reflection has control panels like the legacy trailers and use a different strategy to control the Unity x1.5 board. Solitudes use an X1 board and the Momentums an X4. I don't believe the Transcend line uses any form of the CompassConnect system.

Who could possibly be confused?
        Thanks Howard....I assumed this was the case....
        Jeff and Debbie
        2021 Imagine 2250RK
        2015 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD Crew Cab Short Bed Factory Air-Ride Auto Level
        USMC Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
          Heavysledz -- not sure if you've seen it, but bob is currently trying to "jail break" the OneControl CANBUS using a Pi. I can't wait to see what he comes up with (and would love to play with this myself it I had a board to interface with).

Howard

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...tem-via-canbus
          Thanks for the link, I will definitely subscribe to his thread to see where it goes....
          Jeff and Debbie
          2021 Imagine 2250RK
          2015 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD Crew Cab Short Bed Factory Air-Ride Auto Level
          USMC Veteran

Comment

I have a MKE17
            my awning and ceiling lights are not working. I have power to the control panel for both switches as well as the switch at the entrance.
            I suspect it’s the modular behind that is the problem the “ unity” Modual. Is there a way to test that , or does that make sense that would be my problem and any good suggestions on where to get one

Comment

ncitro or any of my fellow moderators--pls extract post 52 and make it a standalone post. (Too hard on my phone...no WiFi at current campground.)

Comment

Working...
              X