No announcement yet.

Powering Camper w/Victron Multiplus using a Manual Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yoda Keith, you have the force and can find a wiring solution to make it work.

Might take 2 switches or a 30A to 50A adapter to join the Hot incoming lines pre switch.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
      Yoda Keith, you have the force and can find a wiring solution to make it work.

Might take 2 switches or a 30A to 50A adapter to join the Hot incoming lines pre switch.
      The force is saying $1 in wire nuts and 15 minutes will save me a bundle in the unlikely event the MultiPlus fails. But I have a plan - engineers always have a plan
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

The force is saying $1 in wire nuts and 15 minutes will save me a bundle in the unlikely event the MultiPlus fails. But I have a plan - engineers always have a plan
        Are you saying $1 will save you 15 minutes or less?
        Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
        2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
        2020 Momentum 351M
        2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

Yoda Keith, Howard is not setup to by pass the multi plus, correct?

If I look at the diagram:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Howard-Switch.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	53517

Because there is the 4th set of lugs per contact, its possible to split the L1 hot feeding the multi plus and branch it to the switch. Then put a manual switch on the converter. This requires that the switch be the intermediate between the shore and outputs.

Not a fan of wire nuts, especially if stranded wire. I like the butt splice connector Howard used instead.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

I think it's more or less adhering to the K.I.S.S. philosophy. The chances of failure are minimal. Adding a switch is adding another component to the system, which is another potential failure point. I don't want to speak for Yoda but I'd imagine, the wire nuts are only a temporary solution IF the inverter fails and until it is repaired.
            2020 Momentum 351M
            2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by OffToHavasu View Post

Are you saying $1 will save you 15 minutes or less?
              I knew you would get it
              2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by OffToHavasu View Post
                I think it's more or less adhering to the K.I.S.S. philosophy. The chances of failure are minimal. Adding a switch is adding another component to the system, which is another potential failure point. I don't want to speak for Yoda but I'd imagine, the wire nuts are only a temporary solution IF the inverter fails and until it is repaired.
                Curtis - exactly what I was thinking. The Force is with you today. Cold one on me when we meet up sometime.
                Keith
                Last edited by Yoda; 05-11-2021, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

Curtis - exactly what I was thinking. The Force is with you today. Cold on on me when we meet up sometime.
                  Keith
                  I look forward to that day...Even before the cold one was offered.
                  2020 Momentum 351M
                  2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

Working...
                  X