back up camera port not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back up camera port not working

2021 303RLS I do not have any power to the backup camera port. Does anyone know how the wiring is run?

Turn your tow vehicle lights on while hooked to the trailer.
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by JRW View Post
      2021 303RLS I do not have any power to the backup camera port. Does anyone know how the wiring is run?
      Jkwilson (John) answered your question, so since that was your first post I'll just say "Hi" and request you check out the Welcome Letter to New Members at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks for your help!

Comment

PS we are also from Indiana, west of indy

Comment

Originally posted by JRW View Post
            PS we are also from Indiana, west of indy
            I’m south of you. Just off 231 about a half hour SW of Bloomington.
            John & Kathy
            2014 Reflection 303RLS
            2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

I am trouble-shooting the same problem. I have a 2021 Grand Design Imagine 22MLE pre-wired for rear camera. I purchased a Furrion Vision S "Vehicle Observation System" with hopes of seeing constant rear view, not just while backing up. The display comes on for a few seconds, turns black, then back on again. After trying this and that, we determined the problem is insufficient power. Yes, the running lights were on.

I called Grand Design service to inquire about the pre-wiring, and was surprised at the response. Sometime in 2019 or 2020, the camera wiring was changed. It HAD been wired to run as an observation camera, but "due to customer feedback" it was changed to back-up viewing ONLY because "constant use was causing the cameras to burn out."

Grand Design Customer Service advised that I take it back to the dealership to modify the wiring, but it seems they don't want to fully endorse this modification.

I expressed to GD that they should be clearer about the wiring of the camera system, what it will do and what it cannot do. I guess I'll get in the service line....

Comment

Originally posted by Jami99 View Post
                I am trouble-shooting the same problem. I have a 2021 Grand Design Imagine 22MLE pre-wired for rear camera. I purchased a Furrion Vision S "Vehicle Observation System" with hopes of seeing constant rear view, not just while backing up. The display comes on for a few seconds, turns black, then back on again. After trying this and that, we determined the problem is insufficient power. Yes, the running lights were on.

I called Grand Design service to inquire about the pre-wiring, and was surprised at the response. Sometime in 2019 or 2020, the camera wiring was changed. It HAD been wired to run as an observation camera, but "due to customer feedback" it was changed to back-up viewing ONLY because "constant use was causing the cameras to burn out."

Grand Design Customer Service advised that I take it back to the dealership to modify the wiring, but it seems they don't want to fully endorse this modification.

I expressed to GD that they should be clearer about the wiring of the camera system, what it will do and what it cannot do. I guess I'll get in the service line....

I have been using my camera , Furrion , for 4 years now and I wired it to the running lights so it is on while the TV lights are on and have not had any issues with it so far.

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

That response makes no sense. Either it has power or it doesn't. Doesn't matter if it's back up only or observation. The only way to power it for back up only, would be to wire it to the vehicles reverse lights.
                  2018 Reflection 315RLTS
                  2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Comment

Working...
                  X